Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master of Science Information Technology Management
Hi:

What are the recommended Master degrees in IT in this forum?Is it same as bachelors degree recommendations which is "BIG 3 + WGU ?

1.Capstone Project:How do u present/complete capstone project for online programs?Do u need to go onsite?

2.I have bachelors degree in math from Europe and associate degree from Canada.Would it be sufficient to be admitted to the online master programs?

3.If you have completed your master degree in IT online ,I'd love to hear your experience/suggestions/opinions etc.

Thnx in advance.
COSC does not have a computer related Masters and TESU and Excelsior are a little on the expensive side and are not anymore transfer friendly at the graduate level then most other schools.

WGU - competency based. 3k for a 6 month all you can eat term. Some over achievers finish in 1 term making it very cost effective. Even at 12k for 4 terms it is still very cheap for a masters

CSU Global - A masters would be 15k. I'm intrigued by the options for specializations in Cybersecurity, Project Management, and Fraud Management.

DSU (Dakota State) - Information systems and others. low tuition but has a good rep. Traditional 16 week terms and some of the courses sound like a lot of work.

APU / AMU - low tuition. Some certs (ex. ISC2) will transfer in as grad credit, but there is a cap.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

ajs1976 Wrote:COSC does not have a computer related Masters and TESU and Excelsior are a little on the expensive side and are not anymore transfer friendly at the graduate level then most other schools.

WGU - competency based. 3k for a 6 month all you can eat term. Some over achievers finish in 1 term making it very cost effective. Even at 12k for 4 terms it is still very cheap for a masters

CSU Global - A masters would be 15k. I'm intrigued by the options for specializations in Cybersecurity, Project Management, and Fraud Management.

DSU (Dakota State) - Information systems and others. low tuition but has a good rep. Traditional 16 week terms and some of the courses sound like a lot of work.

APU / AMU - low tuition. Some certs (ex. ISC2) will transfer in as grad credit, but there is a cap.

Thank you so much.I'd like to talk to some of those over achievers.I really wanna do the same thing:finish in 1 term.
redBlue Wrote:Thank you so much.I'd like to talk to some of those over achievers.I really wanna do the same thing:finish in 1 term.

You can read PassIt1, she did an MBA at WGU in 1 term, and gave a good overview of what it was like: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...ss-19.html. The actual MBA review starts at post #66.

No, capstone's for online programs are not usually done in person. You should check first, but none of the programs listed on this forum a lot are in-person capstones.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP Computer Science A homeschoolmom1 7 212 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 861 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 178 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  Offspring and Descendents Lead Singers On Why They Got Science PhDs Jonathan Whatley 9 1,204 02-16-2024, 10:37 PM
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 510 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Acceptance for online master's for WES Canada Petrikor 29 7,345 01-25-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: ecdw94
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,320 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 1,444 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  So long, computer science — Chaos Studies is the hot new college degree LevelUP 9 1,163 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Last Post: MrPanda