Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSU-GLOBAL SSA (Self Study Assessment)
Hello! I am currently enrolled at Csuglobal taking the HUM101s, the s is for SSA. Has anyone taken the humanities ssa or any other SSA with Csuglobal? I'm curious if the pretest and practice tests/end of module quiz's are a large part of the final exam? I scored a 76 on the pre-test, so, if I can just do a cram session on the pretests I would like to know.
Thanks! 
Bob
Totally off subject (although I've heard that the study materials and practice tests for the SSA's are good); are you a regular enrolled student who just happens to be taking an SSA as well as regular courses, or non-enrolled student who enrolled strictly to take the SSA?

Again, off the subject, but why would you opt for the SSA for $250, when you can take the CLEP for free (through Modern States) or for less than $100 if you just pay for it? There is a Humanities CLEP.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
How did you get approved to take an SSA? They have been giving people grief. Sad
(11-13-2019, 09:23 AM)tjguitar85 Wrote: How did you get approved to take an SSA? They have been giving people grief. Sad

Hi, I can't really speak to the they have been giving people grief part, but, all I had to do was ask to be signed up for the SSA and I was given a date to start. What SSA are you trying to take and maybe I can get you in touch with someone who hasn't given me any grief?

(11-13-2019, 01:01 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Totally off subject (although I've heard that the study materials and practice tests for the SSA's are good); are you a regular enrolled student who just happens to be taking an SSA as well as regular courses, or non-enrolled student who enrolled strictly to take the SSA?

Again, off the subject, but why would you opt for the SSA for $250, when you can take the CLEP for free (through Modern States) or for less than $100 if you just pay for it?  There is a Humanities CLEP.
Hello, I am a student who just happens to be taking an SSA and I had a credit for 100.00. Not to mention that the critical thinking HUM is a much better choice for me as I used to debate. 
I'm certainly going to use Modern States for my biology exam... Which off the subject but are there any similarities between the straighterline biology test and the clep?
Quote:Hi, I can't really speak to the they have been giving people grief part, but, all I had to do was ask to be signed up for the SSA and I was given a date to start. What SSA are you trying to take and maybe I can get you in touch with someone who hasn't given me any grief?

They told me that I could not sign up for an SSA unless I also enrolled in a full-cost course at CSU Global.
(11-14-2019, 07:59 PM)tjguitar85 Wrote:
Quote:Hi, I can't really speak to the they have been giving people grief part, but, all I had to do was ask to be signed up for the SSA and I was given a date to start. What SSA are you trying to take and maybe I can get you in touch with someone who hasn't given me any grief?

They told me that I could not sign up for an SSA unless I also enrolled in a full-cost course at CSU Global.

Sounds like the OP is a CSU-Global enrolled student who decided to take an SSA.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 417 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 259 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 30,136 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 738 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Purdue Global Owes $128 Million. It May Not Be Able To Pay. smartdegree 12 1,547 12-20-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 373 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,115 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,330 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,332 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Global Convention on Higher Education Alpha 0 377 03-07-2023, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Alpha