Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSU Global CBE for Basic Programming at TESU
TESU counts this as COS-208 Java Programming.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Thanks, I'll add this to my note of courses that can comprise the ASNSM in Comp Sci.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'm have Oracle certified java associate certification but i still only eaked out a 74 on this. it's been about a year since certification. There seemed to be many side cases to the test. like it could really be 2 answers. the book mentioned in the course seemed like a good read. i only reviewed arrays. i should have reviewed protected, default, private, and public modifiers. know the method signature too. overriding vs overloading. string class. the pretest was a bit easier than real test. i got 83% on the pretest dry.
End goal is to get a cheap bachelor degree {CIS} that transfers to online master's degree at ncsu. I'm thinking statistics because less prerequisites. Vs computer science.

Started in January 2016 after NC prevented enrollment in WGU.
Clep, Dsst: Statistics, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, World religions, Intro to Computers, American Government, Sociology, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Prin finance.
Straighterline: C++, Intro Comm, Accounting 1, Accounting 2, Business law, Managerial Acct, Business ethics, Into business, Organizational behavior,
CSU Global: Basic programming COS-208, Systems Analysis and Design.
TECEP: Network Technology, Strategic Management, business in society.
Saylor: Bus210 for Bus311 credit

denied enrollment to WGU October 2015 b/c NC sucks.
Prep for WGU: A+, NET+, Project+, Security+, CCENT, OCA java.
sanantone Wrote:TESU counts this as COS-208 Java Programming.

6 ITS320EX Basic Programming 3.00 CR ITS-150

I'll be calling an advisor now. They transferred it as its-150 😤
End goal is to get a cheap bachelor degree {CIS} that transfers to online master's degree at ncsu. I'm thinking statistics because less prerequisites. Vs computer science.

Clep, Dsst: Statistics, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, World religions, Intro to Computers, American Government, Sociology, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Prin finance.
Straighterline: C++, Intro Comm, Accounting 1, Accounting 2, Business law, Managerial Acct, Business ethics, Into business, Organizational behavior,

They still counted it as ITS-150 which is just what CSU calls it. Maybe a different adviser did this last round of updates? Either way, academic advising had to call the dean to get permission to post it on my transcript in my AOS. Even after i prompted, she said, yes, even though you're allowed 2 programming courses, i still need to ask the dean(which took 24 hrs). Her final email back to me covered all the bases that i was looking and she even prefilled a clep that i said was incoming so i wouldn't have to wait for it to be evaluated.

tylerw6 Wrote:They still counted it as ITS-150 which is just what CSU calls it. Maybe a different adviser did this last round of updates? Either way, academic advising had to call the dean to get permission to post it on my transcript in my AOS. Even after i prompted, she said, yes, even though you're allowed 2 programming courses, i still need to ask the dean(which took 24 hrs). Her final email back to me covered all the bases that i was looking and she even prefilled a clep that i said was incoming so i wouldn't have to wait for it to be evaluated.

TESU has no ITS prefix. TESU lists the original course code on one side and the TESU equivalency on the other.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
The ITS prefix shows up in the requirements for the Cybersecurity program

ITS-150: Computer Programming I

https://www.tesu.edu/ast/Bachelor-of-Sci...curity.cfm
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

I see. The cyber security program didn't exist when I asked about the CBE.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
ITS and CYB prefixes are completely new to me as well.

What's interesting to me is that they have all of those courses listed in the core (54cr!) but they only offer 3 of the courses (CYB-120, ITS-130, and ITS-140). I'm wondering if they're in the process of adding all of those courses they require?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Sorry to derail the thread, just got a quick question. Anyone have an idea if TESU now gives grades to CSU Global CBE's and factor those in GPA?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,579 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,281 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore