Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSU-Global CBE's - how do you get the study materials?
I went to their website, and it says that "You’ll get help preparing for your CBE. CSU-Global offers study prep materials, including a suggested textbook, to help you improve and test your understanding of the material."

I'm assuming that this means they send you a list and you have the option to purchase those materials if you'd like (like a TECEP). Can you get the info BEFORE you sign up for the CBE? Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
After you receive access to the student portal, you will have access to the books required for each course. The corresponding CBE will use the same book. After you sign up for the CBE (you don't have to pay until you're ready to take it), you will have access to a study prep area.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Does this mean you have access online to the actual books or does it just mean you have access to know which books are required? I'm all set up on the portal but I'm still confused about this. Do I need to order books or no?
Thanks!
Also does anyone know if these have practice final tests? I've seen that they have a pre-test but I'm not sure if that's the same thing. I have searched the forums and couldn't find anything about CSU exams having practice tests. Thanks.
Quote:I still had not paid, and had access to the entire wealth of information associated with Market Research(albeit, no access to the book that is referenced).
It was divided into eight modules, plus a folder with testing info, syllabus etc. and another with a pre-test.

I attempted the pre-test in the beginning and realized it was way too specific in terminology for me to attempt it further(so I stopped after a few questions). I then went through all eight modules, each one had practice questions with which you could test yourself afterwards. I made these all into flash cards, tested again, some new questions would pop up, and I'd make these flash cards as well.

After I did this with all eight modules, I once again went through the practice tests for each chapter, then took the Pre-test. I scored a 99/100 on the pre-test, however, many of the questions were the similar or the same as the practice questions. There were even around three questions that had been repeated twice.

I'm hoping I'm now ready to take the final and am currently scheduling it, will give another update after that

From a thread I started about Market Research CBE. Also out of the multiple choice, around 20ish questions were exactly the same on the actual final as the practice tests/pretest. There is no practice final, the closest you'll get is the pre-test.

Also, whilst the pre-test may be multiple choice, your course may have short answer/essay questions. Mine had five, worth five points each and I wasn't expecting them at all.
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
TECEP: 15 CR
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra l College Algebra l Statistics l
The Institutes: Ethics
Saylor: Principles of Marketing
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
CSU CBE: Market Research l
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Community College B&M Courses (2013-2015) 64 CR General Ed. and Business
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
You have to buy the book if you want it.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
TESUAbroad Wrote:From a thread I started about Market Research CBE. Also out of the multiple choice, around 20ish questions were exactly the same on the actual final as the practice tests/pretest. There is no practice final, the closest you'll get is the pre-test.

Also, whilst the pre-test may be multiple choice, your course may have short answer/essay questions. Mine had five, worth five points each and I wasn't expecting them at all.

This is very helpful! So I'm assuming you passed the real exam easily? And did you only do the online modules and not read the book? I'm getting mixed information on which might be better. The book is pretty long and I've been on the first chapter for over an hour now so I probably need to speed that up or just focus on the modules.
I didn't read or even buy the book for this course, I read through all the modules and the supplemental content(like research papers, and youtube videos) that the instructor had linked. The most important part is that you understand the terms and the concepts, once you understand the terms, look up concepts that you're struggling with and master them. After that I was fine, however, my CBE may be way different than yours.

Also keep in mind, you get 1 FREE retest(this gave me a lot of peace of mind). So if you fail with that method, you could always still buy the book later and study that way for the 2nd time around.

EDIT: Also, I think what sanantone is saying, is that, if you want another final practice exam, it would be with the book.
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
TECEP: 15 CR
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra l College Algebra l Statistics l
The Institutes: Ethics
Saylor: Principles of Marketing
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
CSU CBE: Market Research l
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Community College B&M Courses (2013-2015) 64 CR General Ed. and Business
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
TESUAbroad Wrote:I didn't read or even buy the book for this course, I read through all the modules and the supplemental content(like research papers, and youtube videos) that the instructor had linked. The most important part is that you understand the terms and the concepts, once you understand the terms, look up concepts that you're struggling with and master them. After that I was fine, however, my CBE may be way different than yours.

Also keep in mind, you get 1 FREE retest(this gave me a lot of peace of mind). So if you fail with that method, you could always still buy the book later and study that way for the 2nd time around.

EDIT: Also, I think what sanantone is saying, is that, if you want another final practice exam, it would be with the book.

Oh so the book does have a final practice exam in it as well? That would be very helpful. Yeah I'm not too worried about it with the retake but needing a 70% is more than I'm used to. I'm taking Organizational Development, and right now I'm working on the pre-test. On the pre-test there are a lot of true or false questions so hopefully that's also the case with the real test.
TESUAbroad Wrote:EDIT: Also, I think what sanantone is saying, is that, if you want another final practice exam, it would be with the book.

I was answering this question.

gremlinbrawler Wrote:Does this mean you have access online to the actual books or does it just mean you have access to know which books are required?

If you want the recommended book, you have to order and pay for it.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 390 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 259 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 29,942 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 733 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Purdue Global Owes $128 Million. It May Not Be Able To Pay. smartdegree 12 1,534 12-20-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 369 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,110 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,322 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,324 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Global Convention on Higher Education Alpha 0 376 03-07-2023, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Alpha