Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California Coast University
I am interested in working on a MBA from California Coast University, but wanted to ask CCU Graduates if the degree increased your marketability and what kind of job you land based on the CCU degree?

I've read the whole NA vs RA argument and understand NA limitations towards a PHD and also some employers mat be concerned/not accept NA degrees.

I appreciate your answers so I can see what positions you’ve obtained from a CCU degree, and actually, even more importantly, did the education prepare you for that new position?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

ICS
cheersmate
2012 - Executive Certificate, University of Notre Dame
2010 - Master of Business Administration, TUI University
2008 - Bachelor of Science, Excelsior College
2002 - Airframe & Powerplant License, Federal Aviation Administration
1998 - Associates Degree, Community College of the Air Force

Acquired 306 total credits: CCAF - 93, Exams - 66, ACE - 67, Other - 80:patriot:
[COLOR="Navy"]I for one whole-heartedly endorse CCU having graduated with an M.S. last year.

Another IC member - Basket Weaver is another CCU grad having completed his MBA several months ago; he can give you greater insight about your program interests.[/COLOR]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Good news. I just read about "Kozen" from DI being accepted into a Rutgers (top rated) Masters program with his DETC undergrad degree from CCU. NA issues are making more and more positive strides everyday! This is great news.

Abner
Thats great news! Smile
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
CCU is incredible!!
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:CCU is incredible!!

I agree Shoto. CCU makes more and more strides yearly.

Abner Cool
Hi guys,

I am happy to say that I am enrolled in Cal Coast MBA program. In 2007 when I started on INstantcert, I didn't even have my associates.

Now I have an AS, a BS and am in my masters program and working toward testing out of a 2nd bachelors degree as well.

I have been aproved for 3 challenge exams through Cal Coast. You guys are right, they are not easy and really make you read the book. But for me reading the book is much better and faster than getting bogged down writing a daily post and waiting for the rest of the class and instructor to reply etc. This is great.

I have had 2 of the three challenge exams for less than 1 week and I am done with 1 and working on the second one. Once I submit #1 I will request test #3 and get started.

The great thing is that I am in Mexico on vacation for a week but can still study and take my tests.

I must say that Cal Coast is a great program.
ImustStudy
----------------------------------------
A.S. Liberal Arts- Excelsior College 2007
B.S. Criminal Justice- Excelsior College 2008
M.B.A.- California Coast University 2012
EdS- Liberty University 2014
EdD- Liberty University 2016

Miscellaneous graduate coursework from University of The Rockies and California InterContinental University (that did me absolutely NO GOOD whatsoever)
Can anyone with experience advise as to whether a Cal Coast Masters in Psychology and a Doctorate in Psychology will allow someone to be licensed as a therapist and/or psychologist in California? Can I sit for the exams etc?

What about in other states?

Any help is much appreciated.
ImustStudy

Miscellaneous graduate coursework from University of The Rockies and California InterContinental University (that did me absolutely NO GOOD whatsoever)
ImustStudy Wrote:Can anyone with experience advise as to whether a Cal Coast Masters in Psychology and a Doctorate in Psychology will allow someone to be licensed as a therapist and/or psychologist in California? Can I sit for the exams etc?

What about in other states?

Any help is much appreciated.

Every state is different. Google the Board of Psychology for California and any other states you have interest in. For the state I will probably reside in, NC as an example, they have never approved an online MA or PhD Psychology graduate as a psychologist. The law is written as to require "attendance," which the board feels isn't met by an online program. It isn't their personal opinion on whether an online program is good or not just the way the law is written. You will have to check with every state you want to get licensed in.
OK, so I think I answered my own question.

Cal Coast does not offer a PhD in Psychology. The do however offer a EdD in Educational Psychology.

Can anyone advise if it is possible to be hired in California as a school psychologist with a EdD from Cal Coast since it is a Nationally Accredited DETC school?

I know the education field is pretty bent on RA vs NA accreditation.

I would guess that Cal Coast would not offer the program if there was not some utility for it. Any help woudl be appreciated.

Thx.
ImustStudy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 221 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,609 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,546 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,934 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 596 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,240 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,604 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 348 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,486 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff