Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Sophia courses be done while you are enrolled?
Hi, 
Do you have to finish all of your Sophia courses before you enroll? Can you still finish Sophia courses while you are enrolled and be able to transfer those credits? 
Thank you!
You need to get permission from your academic advisor to transfer courses in after you're enrolled. UMPI has allowed courses to transfer in the past but no one knows if they will change this policy. It tends to be better to get all of you courses done elsewhere and then focus on UMPI as you're paying for UMPI. 8 weeks flies by.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • Mr T, origamishuttle
(07-17-2022, 08:41 PM)kimmyk Wrote: Hi, 
Do you have to finish all of your Sophia courses before you enroll? Can you still finish Sophia courses while you are enrolled and be able to transfer those credits? 
Thank you!

I applied in May, transferred in all of my units that I had completed for an AS, found out what I still needed to complete, via Jessica then delayed my UMPI start date until 8/29 so I could complete the 40 units that I still needed on Sophia and Study.com. I will have 10 courses to complete when I start on 8/29. I want to maximize my 8 weeks at UMPI and get as many courses done as I can each term without distractions from other learning Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Jennr2z's post:
  • BeenBen, origamishuttle, Pikachu
@kimmyk - You can apply, but it's highly advised to complete closer to the 90 credits as possible if you can and apply the next session. This is to make the application and process as seamless as possible. However, there are times when it would be better to have an extra helper on the institutional side of things that can address things for you that the board can't. For UMPI and others that allow delay of your enrollment or start, this is possible to apply before and enroll later. Some schools such as WGU will not allow you to transfer more credits when you enroll and that's the main reason you want to send everything in first before you start.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • BeenBen, Mr T

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 6 137 5 minutes ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 163 Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 140 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  Bus 150 - Sophia didn't transfer layermonkey 5 303 04-19-2024, 03:17 PM
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 354 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
  Is 14 courses in 2 terms possible for psychology major? mattbau43 6 265 04-12-2024, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Full list of sophia courses that will transfer? And any Major recs? hexclep 1 248 04-07-2024, 06:10 PM
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 472 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 747 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Micro bio, Sophia learningthehardway 10 293 04-05-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Duneranger