Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can a bachelors degree at NationsU be completed quickly?
I currently have an associates from COSC and haven't done anything education related since. Now, I'm interested in getting a bachelors degree for visa/work-abroad reasons and was wondering if a bachelors degree at NationsU could be done quickly and cheaply. Most posts by students I see online have been doing one of their master's programs and not the bachelors of religious studies degree I'm interested. Anyone with experience please let me know!
(09-01-2018, 06:17 PM)CountChocula Wrote: I currently have an associates from COSC and haven't done anything education related since. Now, I'm interested in getting a bachelors degree for visa/work-abroad reasons and was wondering if a bachelors degree at NationsU could be done quickly and cheaply. Most posts by students I see online have been doing one of their master's programs and not the bachelors of religious studies degree I'm interested. Anyone with experience please let me know!
It would depend on your own background and pace because it is self-paced in nature. If you are paying out of pocket, then it may be a good route. However, because it is nationally accredited versus regionally accredited, it may be difficult to find some schools (if you are going for your Masters later) that will accept transfer credit or recognize the degree. Yet, Excelsior College accepts all of the credit (both undergraduate and graduate) and Liberty University accepts the credit and a degree from Nations University. Due to the issue of accreditation, you could earn your credits at Nations and transfer them to Excelsior. As a precautionary measure, I would speak to an advisor at Excelsior before making the decision. 
I am working on my Masters in Old Testament Studies with a focus on the Hebrew Language (with some Akkadian and Greek), and I will be working on my Ph.D. subsequently. I had carefully considered these options as Nations is an excellent ministerial program with courses that are very hard to find at even some of the regionally accredited schools. I will be taking two Nations courses at a time to apply them to their Masters of Divinity while working on my requirements for my Ph.D. at my primary university. The people at Nations are a wonderful group and do believe that you will enjoy studying there. 
Also, if you get your credit onto a regionally accredited school's transcript, you might find that some of the Graduate schools of theology may give you 6-15 credits toward your graduate degree if your focus is religion. That is if those credits are a part of a regionally accredited degree (though transferred in) they would recognize your work. 
If you respond and I do not, it is because I do not come here too often. God Bless you and your godly endeavor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors smartdegree 73 9,007 03-18-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: SilentWarrior
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,451 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 767 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,178 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,700 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 952 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia