Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone share their experience with Tel Learning courses?
(02-22-2021, 09:09 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 09:05 AM)thepoetvd776 Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 08:24 PM)rachel83az Wrote: If you know what to look for, the PDFs of the syllabuses for all TEL Learning courses can be obtained easily enough. For archival purposes, I downloaded syllabuses for all currently-available TEL Learning classes, including the labs.

The Biology and Chemistry labs have a long list of supplies that you will use throughout the course. Some of these, such as baking soda or rubbing alcohol, may be difficult for international students to obtain. (Rubbing alcohol in the US is usually isopropyl while outside of the US it may be ethanol or methanol; I don't know if this would change the results of whatever these supplies are being used for.)

For the Physical Sciences lab, you need only a notebook.

I didnt think you actually needed to complete labs for Biology using TEL, remember someone mentioning that, maybe I was wrong.

It depends on what school you're going to. TESU does not require a lab science. COSC requires at least one lab science. If you're looking to fill your lab science requirement with RA credits, it helps to know which science might be the easiest to complete based on which supplies you can or cannot obtain.

Oh ok cool, yeah I plan to transfer the credit to TESU so thats good to know. Let's see how this goes. I'm planning on starting today, just looking online for a discount code before purchasing at TEL
(02-22-2021, 12:11 PM)thepoetvd776 Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 09:09 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 09:05 AM)thepoetvd776 Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 08:24 PM)rachel83az Wrote: If you know what to look for, the PDFs of the syllabuses for all TEL Learning courses can be obtained easily enough. For archival purposes, I downloaded syllabuses for all currently-available TEL Learning classes, including the labs.

The Biology and Chemistry labs have a long list of supplies that you will use throughout the course. Some of these, such as baking soda or rubbing alcohol, may be difficult for international students to obtain. (Rubbing alcohol in the US is usually isopropyl while outside of the US it may be ethanol or methanol; I don't know if this would change the results of whatever these supplies are being used for.)

For the Physical Sciences lab, you need only a notebook.

I didnt think you actually needed to complete labs for Biology using TEL, remember someone mentioning that, maybe I was wrong.

It depends on what school you're going to. TESU does not require a lab science. COSC requires at least one lab science. If you're looking to fill your lab science requirement with RA credits, it helps to know which science might be the easiest to complete based on which supplies you can or cannot obtain.

Oh ok cool, yeah I plan to transfer the credit to TESU so thats good to know. Let's see how this goes. I'm planning on starting today, just looking online for a discount code before purchasing at TEL
Please remember to post any discount code for TEL if you find one.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(02-22-2021, 11:11 AM)BrianFallon Wrote: I dont see that as pointing out how “grueling” the course may be.

I see that as appealing to those who realize accumulating points via the quizzes may lead to the final being less streasful.  

I suspect that you and I have different ideas about what makes a course stressful.  For whatever it may be worth, I'm pretty sure that I would find a Tel course with sixty-eight quizzes, three essays, two exams, two "Critical Evaluation Exercises" and two "Case Study Discussions" to be considerably more stressful than any other online course I've taken for college credit.
(02-22-2021, 02:43 PM)ctcarl Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 11:11 AM)BrianFallon Wrote: I dont see that as pointing out how “grueling” the course may be.

I see that as appealing to those who realize accumulating points via the quizzes may lead to the final being less streasful.  

I suspect that you and I have different ideas about what makes a course stressful.  For whatever it may be worth, I'm pretty sure that I would find a Tel course with sixty-eight quizzes, three essays, two exams, two "Critical Evaluation Exercises" and two "Case Study Discussions" to be considerably more stressful than any other online course I've taken for college credit.

To be honest, that doesn't sound too different than some SDC courses. Except for TEL having 2 exams and SDC only having one.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-22-2021, 02:49 PM)rachel83az Wrote: To be honest, that doesn't sound too different than some SDC courses. Except for TEL having 2 exams and SDC only having one.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of SDC either.
My daughter is taking TEL Biology now, she's not finding it stressful at all. It is similar in nature to her current online courses at a CC, except that it's actually laid out better. The "virtual" option at some CC's has been a disaster in some cases, she has been SO frustrated with it, that courses that were created and meant to be online are actually much better than what she's experienced.

So, even though the amount of work is comparable, the layout of the course and the info contained is actually so much better, it's LESS stressful than regular CC courses.

Just one person's experience, and it's pretty limited.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • schlocker
(02-22-2021, 03:34 PM)dfrecore Wrote: My daughter is taking TEL Biology now, she's not finding it stressful at all.  It is similar in nature to her current online courses at a CC, except that it's actually laid out better.  The "virtual" option at some CC's has been a disaster in some cases, she has been SO frustrated with it, that courses that were created and meant to be online are actually much better than what she's experienced.

So, even though the amount of work is comparable, the layout of the course and the info contained is actually so much better, it's LESS stressful than regular CC courses.

Just one person's experience, and it's pretty limited.

Good to hear. Will sign up for 10 TEL classes in March to meet the RA requirements at TESU or COSC. Four of the classes will duplicate Sophia classes already completed. Looking at a one year program at York with dual enrollment in the 11th grade.

20 Sophia classes one one CLEP completed.
@schlocker, you really don't need 10 TEL classes, you just need 8 (24 credits RA transferred into COSC/TESU) as you will be taking 2 courses (6 credits) from either of them, the courses required are the Cornerstone and Capstone which rounds out your "30" RA credits. And if you are leaning towards competency based degree providers, you don't need any RA as you will need to complete 30 credits from them - example, Brandman/UMPI/WGU. Other RA options would be the TECEP/UEXCEL and this: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...RA-credits
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks BJ. York has a discount if you buy 10 classes that is cheaper than buying 8 with a discount so we will buy ten and complete 8-9. I will post the classes we take and review some classes once we are signed up. Completing Sophia statistics and macroeconomics now before moving to the new system.
(02-23-2021, 12:49 AM)schlocker Wrote: Thanks BJ. York has a discount if you buy 10 classes that is cheaper than buying 8 with a discount so we will buy ten and complete 8-9. I will post the classes we take and review some classes once we are signed up. Completing Sophia statistics and macroeconomics now before moving to the new system.

Yes, you can only get this with a 5-course bundle for $500, or 10-course bundle for $1000.  $100/course ($33/cr) is a great deal for RA credits.  Unfortunately, it's only available for high school students.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • cwendy111, schlocker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 28 2,534 03-22-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: KagomeH
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,554 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 699 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 754 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 509 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 242 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 612 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 267 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 544 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Spanish - Learning website security breach bjcheung77 1 1,071 12-24-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Johann