Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can somebody remind me how much credit TESC awards for FEMA for a TWO year degree?
Very important: I'm attempting to get a two year degree!

Also would like the data pertaining to both an emergency management degree and a regular degree where they can only be applied as electives.

I know this information is already on this forum, but I can only find it relating to a four year degree.

Thanks so much for your time!
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/...82,00.html
http://cafety.org/films/765-whos-watchin...ontana-pbs

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

63 FEMA courses complete 1/2/10
4 NFA courses Complete 1/5/10
A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
MCP XP PRO (Microsoft Certified Professional)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Straighterline Macro Econ
Straighterline Micro Econ
Straighterline Accounting I
Straighterline Accounting II
Penn Foster Info Literacy
Penn Foster Art Appreciation
Penn Foster Music Appreciation
Penn Foster Psychology
I believe however many free electives are in either associates degree.
rickyjo Wrote:Very important: I'm attempting to get a two year degree!

Also would like the data pertaining to both an emergency management degree and a regular degree where they can only be applied as electives.

I know this information is already on this forum, but I can only find it relating to a four year degree.

Thanks so much for your time!

12 is the maximum
i'm 100% sure about that
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
Thanks for the response. Is that for a non-emergency management degree? Could I send some over to Clackmas (or wherever) to get additional ones approved? I'd spend that money. I'm ready to be done with this.

Thanks!

EDIT:
Maybe a different school then? Who would take the most? Even if I had to use another school as a proxy, I have the cash ready if I can turn what I've got into a degree. I'm all for cheap, but, it's time for this endeavor to be over, I haven't got the time anymore Sad
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Penn Foster Psychology
I think Excelsior will take the most fema's. The liberal arts AS, allows up to 30 applied professional (AP) credits, 1 is used for Info lit, that leaves 29 credits that can be applied professional, which fema's are - with the exception of the effective comm. fema, which Excelsior give humanities credit for.
Does Excelsior require the credit to go through FCC or is a TESC credit bank OK?

This is very exciting news! Thanks! You made my night! I'm so pleased.

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Penn Foster Psychology
Hold on a second, if I could use this same plan towards the associates in science I think I may only have to do Straighter Line composition I and II and then use my existing FEMA credit to actually complete the degree.

How many FEMAs can be applied to that degree? Hopefully 18 or more, maybe? Because if so...I think I could be done in a month. And that would be unbelievable. I'm so ready for this adventure to come to its conclusion. Even if it's not quite that many I think I could probably do an ALEKS Stats course if I absolutely had to.

Thanks so much for the very encouraging information!!

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Penn Foster Psychology
rickyjo Wrote:Does Excelsior require the credit to go through FCC or is a TESC credit bank OK?

This is very exciting news! Thanks! You made my night! I'm so pleased.

Verify this with an advisor at Excelsior, but I believe they will accept them thru FCC or Clackamas CC but not on a TESC credit bank transcript.
rickyjo Wrote:Hold on a second, if I could use this same plan towards the associates in science I think I may only have to do Straighter Line composition I and II and then use my existing FEMA credit to actually complete the degree.

How many FEMAs can be applied to that degree? Hopefully 18 or more, maybe? Because if so...I think I could be done in a month. And that would be unbelievable. I'm so ready for this adventure to come to its conclusion. Even if it's not quite that many I think I could probably do an ALEKS Stats course if I absolutely had to.

Thanks so much for the very encouraging information!!

The Liberal ART associates in science will allow for 29 fema credits, but then you could not use other applied professional credits as you will be maxed out on applied professional credits.

It is not as easy as having 60 credits, the credits have to fulfill the requirements of the degree.
peace123 Wrote:The Liberal ART associates in science will allow for 29 fema credits, but then you could not use other applied professional credits as you will be maxed out on applied professional credits.

It is not as easy as having 60 credits, the credits have to fulfill the requirements of the degree.

u can't apply 29 Fema credits to an AS degree at Thomas Edison. The max is 12.

if you're talking about excelsior that may be the case. Rickyjo though is looking for the cheapest route to attaining credits, he is not going to pay for 45 or 60 bucks per credit for a fema when he could pay for a clep.
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,206 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,861 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,471 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,345 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,676 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,872 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,778 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,074 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,011 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,965 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM