Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone help plan out my CLOUD degree
I'm looking for a degree plan kinda like this:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0

But instead of Purdue I need it for WGU. 
https://www.wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/cl...ogram.html

Right now I'm struggling trying to figure out which courses qualify and which don't. I feel frozen like what if I take the wrong course and WGU doesn't accept it...then I have wasted my time! If you've been done this path before you would make my life so much easier right now if you could share what you did.

No credits to transfer in starting from ZERO. 

Very curious about which E A S Y tech certs can knock off the most core courses for that program.

Looking for the best sources for gen. ed credits (sophia, SL, study)

If anyone has seen a spreadsheet like the one posted above but for the WGU can you please send me the link?

Thank you
Here's a more detailed list of the courses: https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/BSCC.aspx; this is also where you'll see which certs they'll take for each course.

Here's the list of providers you can use (National, right column) - look at Study.com's list first, they have the most.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly though, I'm going to tell you that the Purdue Global degree is going to be MUCH easier to get than WGU:
1) Purdue has open (free) electives, WGU does not
2) Purdue publishes the list of Certs they'll take, and they give a LOT more credit for them than WGU does (my husband had the AWS Certified Solutions Architect—Associate cert, and they gave him 61qcr for it - which is 33% of the degree, and 53% of the major - I think WGU gives you 3cr for it)
3) WGU requires very specific GE courses, while Purdue is very flexible with those
4) You're going to have a much easier time finding the alt-credit major courses for Purdue, while WGU is quite stingy - at Purdue, with the GE's he already had and the AWS cert, he only needed 5 Study.com courses, and then 45qcr at Purdue (the required number for residency); at WGU, he would have needed the CompTIA A+ exams, 6 Study.com courses, and then 17 WGU courses (55cr) - so 45% of the degree would have to be done within WGU unless he wanted to spend the time to take a bunch of certs, including the A+ (which he had no interest in taking), the AWS SysOps Cert which is supposed to be very difficult, and more. The Purdue degree is just an easier one to get.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts
[b]Thank you for the explanation! I see the WGU degree is a very long and drawn out process.... so, I've abandoned that idea.[/b]

I'm still taking my gen courses so I have time to figure it all out. I knocked 4 of 11 courses n the last two days. I would still have 5 remaining to do with study.com .... any idea how to get a membership cheaper than the $200 a month? ...Like enroll somewhere for free or something....

[b]And lastly just a little curious about your husbands journey.... do you have a link to the steps he took?[/b]

[b]Thanks for your response![/b]

^^^ I have no idea why that post is all weirdly formatted. I apologize! Lol
The only way to get SDC courses any cheaper would be to do more than 2 in a month.

Average cost per exam:
2 per month: $100
3 per month: $90
4 per month: $85
5 per month: $82

If you are able to do 5 exams in a month but you haven't finished the assignments, you can downgrade to a cheaper plan (save the assignment info first!) and submit them later. You can also cancel your subscription entirely and submit assignments later.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • RosieLinux
(10-01-2021, 01:37 PM)RosieLinux Wrote: [b]Thank you for the explanation! I see the WGU degree is a very long and drawn out process.... so, I've abandoned that idea.[/b]

I'm still taking my gen courses so I have time to figure it all out. I knocked 4 of 11 courses n the last two days. I would still have 5 remaining to do with study.com .... any idea how to get a membership cheaper than the $200 a month? ...Like enroll somewhere for free or something....

[b]And lastly just a little curious about your husbands journey.... do you have a link to the steps he took?[/b]

[b]Thanks for your response![/b]

^^^ I have no idea why that post is all weirdly formatted. I apologize! Lol

My husband has 20+ years of IT experience, and a couple of AS degrees from 25 years ago.  So your path isn't going to be remotely similar to his, I'm guessing.

What I do have though, are his evals from WGU and PurdueGlobal, so that gives me some insight into which one is preferred for him.

Obviously, everyone has a different path, but I've found that PG is just the one that seems the easiest/cheapest to get credit for in terms of bringing in 75% of the degree, and then taking the residency credits (minimum required) there.

My daughter is currently attending PurdueGlobal in Health & Wellness (it's free through her company), and she is doing well there.  It's a completely different field, so I can't tell you what the IT courses would look like.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • RosieLinux

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 4 79 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 593 Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,166 Yesterday, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,905 Yesterday, 12:31 AM
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 211 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 203 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,152 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 523 04-16-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,305 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 171 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM