Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we do outside courses after admitted to PG?
I wanted to purse  BS cybersecurity in Purdue Global, I am not applied yet. I am currently still working on some IT certificates (comptia,ccna and others) that is listed on their transferrable IT certificates table.

My question is, how is it usually works regarding admission and transfers. Do you work on your own until you have 135 max transfer ready, and then you apply to PG, or you can apply to PG anytime? I am wondering, once we have applied and admitted as student to PG, do we have to take classes from PG exclusively every semester, or can we still finish outside courses from sophia/SDC/IT Certs etc. ?

Thanks.
It's usually best to finish everything you want to transfer because once you're enrolled and taking classes you will want to focus all of your time on the classes that you're paying for. I don't know PUG's policies on accepting credit once you're enrolled. My husband is attending PUG and only takes PUG classes. He doesn't have time with a full time job to work on anything else because the ExcelTrack courses require a great deal of work.
I see, that make a lot of sense to apply after we have 135 credits transferrable. My only worries is that it might take lots of time to finish 135 transferrable credits from IT certs and outside providers, I don't know what happen if it took more than 2 years for example, would any of the completed courses and certificates became too old to be transferrable?
Yup, that's what I would recommend as well, get the bulk of your credits towards your degree/school of choice, up to 75% of the requirements. The only school that I would recommend applying to is TESU as they change their catalog year requirements more than before, otherwise, many regulations/rules are stagnant and the same as the previous year. I wouldn't worry too much in regards to your 2 year old certs being too old, most if not all would be a 5-7-10 year limit of current content.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-01-2021, 01:54 PM)sialiblo Wrote: I see, that make a lot of sense to apply after we have 135 credits transferrable. My only worries is that it might take lots of time to finish 135 transferrable credits from IT certs and outside providers, I don't know what happen if it took more than 2 years for example, would any of the completed courses and certificates became too old to be transferrable?

If it's any consolation, it's 135 QUARTER credits, which equates to 90 SEMESTER credits.  PG is a quarter-based system, so you can to multiply everything by 3/2 to determine the credits.

Also, they give WAY more credits for some certs than most, so that will be helpful to you.

For Cybersecurity, you want to make sure that you are taking the "right" certs. You want ones that will give you credits in the major, not just random certs that can be used for Free Electives. So, figure out which certs will give you the most bang for your buck.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU's non-proctored courses rachel83az 66 13,452 02-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Czech College Courses for 50+ in the US eriehiker 2 273 01-19-2024, 01:16 PM
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 354 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  The official guide to self-study RA courses from ASU, BYU, UIdaho, etc. rachel83az 50 31,569 11-10-2023, 07:01 PM
Last Post: jch
  The official guide to courses from the Big Three: COSC, TESU, & Excelsior jsh1138 25 39,181 10-22-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: jch
  New ASU ULC Courses: 1 in Physics (no lab), 2 in Organizational doom 30 4,038 03-07-2023, 09:19 AM
Last Post: doom
  UoPeople Certificate program transfer courses? MNomadic 5 1,593 12-13-2022, 10:44 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Official guide to courses from Finnish universities rachel83az 1 2,129 10-31-2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
Star Self-paced online courses from University of North Dakota (UND) Pikachu 13 2,980 09-07-2022, 04:02 PM
  (Not cheap) self-paced courses from MSU Denver rachel83az 2 776 09-07-2022, 03:56 PM