Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian College Diploma Credits Transferring as Foreign Credits
(08-19-2021, 11:06 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: OMG! I just LOL and giggled at the same time when I saw your evaluation!  Dude, your evaluation is from Ontario, I know exactly the college too...  I've seen those courses before, several times from my cousins when I was helping them do a TESU degree.  Let me enlighten you, do as many Sophia.org courses as you can for your general education, skip StraighterLine altogether, take CSMLearn and InstantCertCredit.  

For your upper level courses, you have Coopersmith, Davar, Study.com, I will tell you to stop looking for 30 community college credits, you don't need it... Your community college credits are the 51 that came in, the rest went to your "other field" which you did not include in the picture... Yay! You just need ALTERNATIVE credits mentioned above to finish the degree!  I am so smart... SMRT... oops, haha!

Ahh! Thank you so much, I was war torn because I thought that Foreign Credits and Alternate Credits counted under the same (mainly because it doesn't have an "alternative credits" section in the academic evaluation! And you are absolutely correct I am from Ontario, but are the "other field" credits relevant? I didn't include them because I thought they don't account. I've added them below if they matter.

https://imgur.com/a/OsGhZaR
My main question and concern is, are you going to be paying the residency waiver fee or are you going to be taking 16-18 credits? My recommendation is to do three more screenshots, of three other degrees, a BS Tech Studies as the main one, AAS Aviation Support and AS in Tech Studies just for fun, I'd like to see how these come in... If you're going for the residency waiver fee, just finish the cornerstone/capstone and transfer the rest in. If you're taking courses, you just need 16 credits, you can do the flat-rate tuition.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-19-2021, 11:23 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: My main question and concern is, are you going to be paying the residency waiver fee or are you going to be taking 16-18 credits?  My recommendation is to do three more screenshots, of three other degrees, a BS Tech Studies as the main one, AAS Aviation Support and AS in Tech Studies just for fun, I'd like to see how these come in...  If you're going for the residency waiver fee, just finish the cornerstone/capstone and transfer the rest in.  If you're taking courses, you just need 16 credits, you can do the flat-rate tuition.

I wasn't aware of the Residency waiver to be honest, but now that I know, I guess I'm just looking to do what's cheapest, easiest, and fastest (much like everyone else). I haven't committed to TESU (asides admission, but I have not enrolled in a course), so even switching Uni's works to save money. 

Here is the BA in TECH studies, is this a better option?

With the resident waiver fee in mind, what's cheapest ,easiest, and fastest? I've tried to figure it out myself without asking too much from people. But it seems I can't do that as there are a lot of things popping up that I've missed :'/

(08-19-2021, 11:23 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: My main question and concern is, are you going to be paying the residency waiver fee or are you going to be taking 16-18 credits?  My recommendation is to do three more screenshots, of three other degrees, a BS Tech Studies as the main one, AAS Aviation Support and AS in Tech Studies just for fun, I'd like to see how these come in...  If you're going for the residency waiver fee, just finish the cornerstone/capstone and transfer the rest in.  If you're taking courses, you just need 16 credits, you can do the flat-rate tuition.

Also, AAS in Aviation Support gives me 51/60 credits, leaving the english comp 1 & 2, and the corner or capstone, it shows both but I'm assuming only one is required for an Associates. 

For AS in Tech, it's 39/60.
Cheapest and fastest is to take 16 credits in one term for a total of $4639 in tuition. It's not necessarily the easiest, though. I've tried to collect easy (or at least easier) classes that can be taken at TESU with as little effort on the student's part as possible. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th...timization

You'd take the capstone & cornerstone + PLA-100 for 7 credits. Then 9 credits of your choice. For you, I would probably suggest ART-100, GOG-230, and either LIB-320 or COM-339. But it really depends on what your strengths/weaknesses are. You might prefer one or more ePacks instead: https://www2.tesu.edu/listallc.php?type=EP . ePacks are exams that are similar to TECEPs but they cost as much as a regular course and they count toward the 16-credit requirement (TECEP exams do NOT count toward the requirement).

If you only take the minimum of the capstone & cornerstone at TESU for 6 credits then you'll pay $519 * 6 = $3114 PLUS the $3192 residency waiver fee for a total of $6306.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-19-2021, 12:45 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Cheapest and fastest is to take 16 credits in one term for a total of $4639 in tuition. It's not necessarily the easiest, though. I've tried to collect easy (or at least easier) classes that can be taken at TESU with as little effort on the student's part as possible. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th...timization

You'd take the capstone & cornerstone + PLA-100 for 7 credits. Then 9 credits of your choice. For you, I would probably suggest ART-100, GOG-230, and either LIB-320 or COM-339. But it really depends on what your strengths/weaknesses are. You might prefer one or more ePacks instead: https://www2.tesu.edu/listallc.php?type=EP . ePacks are exams that are similar to TECEPs but they cost as much as a regular course and they count toward the 16-credit requirement (TECEP exams do NOT count toward the requirement).

If you only take the minimum of the capstone & cornerstone at TESU for 6 credits then you'll pay $519 * 6 = $3114 PLUS the $3192 residency waiver fee for a total of $6306.

I appreciate the insight, I guess if I go through TESU, then I would take the courses through 16 TESU class credits. Just for clarification, how long do these courses last? Is it the typical 3/4 months, september to december?
TESU classes are 12 weeks in length. Courses start every month but not every single course is offered every month. Some are only offered every other month.

You can apply for an 8-week extension if necessary but there is a fee of $236 for each class you need to do this in. I think that some people have used the 12 weeks to concentrate on the 13 credits that are NOT the capstone, while doing the minimum necessary in the capstone (see https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/current/...Extensions ) and then apply for an extension for just the capstone to finish the paper. Doing it this way would still be cheaper than paying the residency waiver.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 453 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 208 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 334 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 498 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 526 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
  Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation aperantosbias 9 639 12-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  Less Than 15 Credits Left for TESU Flat Rate Term mariobros1985 7 826 11-22-2023, 09:38 PM
  TESU AS in electronics. Transfer credits options? shows55 2 445 11-12-2023, 11:40 AM
  Competency based certifications for Electronics and Nuclear credits? sciencemathematics1 5 515 09-23-2023, 12:31 PM
  RA Credits from a Community College? mulhearnmusic 2 335 09-16-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: mulhearnmusic