Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capella University FlexPath?
Hey Nomaduser,
Did you try any courses? If so, how'd it go?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ARhead's post:
  • ss20ts
I was wondering too. One of the graduate FlexPath degrees is something I'm looking at for next year.
I've tried it. FlexPath courses are completely different from Sophia.org courses.
So each FlexPath course comes with 5 to 6 writing assignments. Every time you submit your writing assignment, your professor will take max 2 days to grade it. So it takes minimum 10 days to finish a single course.

My advisor told me all FlexPath courses are in this way. They have no quizzes or final exams. They're all 100% writing-based.
[-] The following 2 users Like nomaduser's post:
  • ss20ts, Thorne
(11-16-2020, 07:46 PM)nomaduser Wrote: I've tried it. FlexPath courses are completely different from Sophia.org courses.
So each FlexPath course comes with 5 to 6 writing assignments. Every time you submit your writing assignment, your professor will take max 2 days to grade it. So it takes minimum 10 days to finish a single course.

My advisor told me all FlexPath courses are in this way. They have no quizzes or final exams. They're all 100% writing-based.

How long are the assignments for undergrad, generally?
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(11-16-2020, 08:03 PM)Thorne Wrote: How long are the assignments for undergrad, generally?

They're research writing-based. They ask you to write about a topic based on reading materials...
I don't know. It can take you a long time if you're a bad writer.
Thanks for replying. What are the minimum word counts on the assignments?...I understand they will vary but what's the average length for the 5 or 6 assignments you mentioned?
10 days per course or maybe 14 days would take on average considering you took weekends off.

Even just 5 courses, that's like 2 1/2 months which is similar to brick and mortar speed.

Sophia classes, most of them you can do in 1-2 days.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(11-17-2020, 12:23 AM)LevelUP Wrote: 10 days per course or maybe 14 days would take on average considering you took weekends off.

Even just 5 courses, that's like 2 1/2 months which is similar to brick and mortar speed.

Sophia classes, most of them you can do in 1-2 days.

So you get 12 weeks (84 days) per subscription period.

You'll allowed to take max 2 courses at a time.

The key point is taking courses that have different professors. They said, if you take two courses that have the same professor, your assignment review can be delayed.

I will ask them how many words are required per writing assignment.

Capella is regionally accredited. So all credits from Capella are RA. They will give you transcript with letter grades.
However, the sophia courses you transfer into Capella won't come with letter grades.. They will get 'T (Transferred)' grade.
So, if you need letter grades on transcript, take the minimum number of sophia courses.

45 sophia credits will convert as 66 Capella credits. You're required to have 45 Capella credits for admissions to FlexPath.
So don't be confused. You're required to take only 10 sophia courses to get into the program (30 sophia credits x 1.5 = 45 Capella credits)
And try to take Sophia courses that are not offered in Capella general education so you'll be able to get letter grades for essential general ed courses.
They said they required 4 to 5 pages of APA style writing per assignment.
Each page is generally 500 words so that's 1,000 to 1,500 words per assignment. It doesn't sound so easy.

APA style:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APA_style

"Write a 3–5-page analysis in which you apply critical thinking skills to analyze an author's position on a current topic in psychology. Also, present your supported position on the topic.

Note: Assessments in this course will help you progressively build your critical thinking, analysis, and writing skills. Completing the assessments in sequential order, 1–5, will give you the best opportunity for success in demonstrating each of these skills."
So, it could be that NAU competency-based program is a better deal? I'm not sure. I will figure out if other competency-based programs are quiz-based. 4 to 5 page-long APA style writing assignment can take longer than a day... I can challenge on that but it won't be too easy. You'll have to read through reading materials provided in their online library system to add citations in your writing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,178 1 hour ago
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 311 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,712 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,747 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 731 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,302 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,717 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 394 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 560 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,581 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff