Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capstone BAlS
I just completed my last study.com class and all I have left is Capstone. Hoping to register for July. Has anyone completed this recently. Can you give me an idea of how much time commitment per week this took you. I realize we all work differently but I'm trying to plan accordingly. I also think I have to buy a book so there must be reading along with papers and responses. Tje Capstone is why I've dragged my feet for so long!
I just asked the same questions awhile ago. Some of them were answered in this thread ---> https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...t-Capstone

I'm taking Capstone now. The class has been surprisingly slow the first couple of weeks, but I know it will pick up the pace in the coming weeks.

The book needed for the class is Writing Research Papers by James Lester. 16th edition. I found the 15th edition free online.
Completed:
Pierpont Community & Technical College | BOG A.A.S. | AOE: Communication [Graduated 12/08/23]
111 college credits as of January 2024 [40 credits completed @ 4-yr college; 71 credits from CLEP, Coopersmith, InstantCert, Lawshelf, Sophia, & TEEX]

In progress: 
UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies [Management minor]
Sophia: Human Biology Lab, French I & Business Communication

What's the BAIS degree?
(06-09-2022, 11:08 PM)ss20ts Wrote: What's the BAIS degree?

It's BALS, but the L didn't get capitalized.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-10-2022, 03:19 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 11:08 PM)ss20ts Wrote: What's the BAIS degree?

It's BALS, but the L didn't get capitalized.

Oh I was thinking they had a BA in Info Systems. Then I started wondering what Info Systems would be and why it wasn't a BS. LOL
There isn't any book reading required for the liberal arts capstone.

Regarding time, people tend to take around 80 hours to do the capstone.

I would go to RateMyProfessor and try to find a professor that fits your personality as people generally tend to have a good or bad experience with this class based on the professor they pick.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
@desoren - From the last time we talked about your BALS, did you decide on the BALS without a concentration? And I guess you're still sticking to the plan of just paying the residency waiver fee?  Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...centration

In regards to the capstone, it "depends" on you.  How much time do you have dedicated to school during the week?  What are your commitments?  Here's a post from a month and a half back, I mentioned an average college course and time it may take someone to complete things.

"A general college course runs between 100-130 hours, easiest intro courses can come in at 80 or less hours, alternative credit should not be any less than half that. For example, we'll use two points - 20 hours/course for those who are amazingly fast and have great knowledge in the subject, at the opposite end 50 hours for those who are less inclined with the subject matter."

You have 12 weeks/3 months to complete the course, I would spend at least the 120 hours on the course to get a better grade. My quote above is in regards to "alternative credit courses".  Here's where I copied the text: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid367741
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,568 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 553 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,390 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,125 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  Confusion about BALS with concentration transcript Raine 5 433 08-23-2023, 08:13 PM
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,190 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BALS Concentration/GE Questions PLEX 3 435 06-30-2023, 11:25 AM
  BALS Natural Sciences/Mathematics Clarification ACR1200 14 1,174 06-12-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Capstone project Done gams007 5 934 05-02-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gams007
  I need help with Kaltura for the capstone oral presentation mcquacks2 3 714 04-02-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20