Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capstone Complete! I did it!
Two weeks ago I turned my final Capstone in, early.  I had been waiting for the past week or so to see it get graded.  

Well, I logged in and it is graded..........97.54 Percent.  My final grade for the entire Capstone Course is a 95%  

I was a bit worried at first because I got an 85% on my first chapter draft.  After narrowing my project scope and having a talk with the mentor, I got focused and on track. 

My academic eval says "Anticipated complete".  My graduation app was submitted and paid back in March, and is awating final Eval for June grad.

A big thank you to all of the great people on this forum. I was going to shout out names, but would feel terrible if I left someone out.  You all know who you are.  You jump in daily and graciously answer any questions that people might have.  You share your degree plans, your personal experiences, and are always unselfish with your knowledge.  Because of this forum, I have completed three degrees in 2.5 years. Most of you may not realize it, but you are educators, yourself.  Honorably helping and educating people with an important achievement in their lives.  Hats off.

Can't wait for that paper in the mail.  Ready for the next chapter of my journey.  Grad school or second bachelor? Hmmmmmm.

Thanks again!
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

[-] The following 15 users Like ChilliDawg's post:
  • allvia, CarpeDiem8, jsd, Leedeedee, Life_One, Merlin, MSK9, Muldoon, pws, quigongene, ROYISAGIRL, sofinel, spree610, TheMaskedMutant, TwinMom
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet it's a great feeling!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
[-] The following 1 user Likes CarpeDiem8's post:
  • ChilliDawg
Congrats!!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • ChilliDawg
Whoop whoop whoop!!! Congratulations!!!

Any words of advice or wisdom for those about to do this?
Congratulations!!
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
[-] The following 1 user Likes MSK9's post:
  • ChilliDawg
(04-28-2019, 04:13 PM)cookderosa Wrote: Whoop whoop whoop!!! Congratulations!!!

Any words of advice or wisdom for those about to do this?

Thanks, Cookderosa.  You are certainly one of those honorable mentions, among others.

Well, my best advice may not work for others, but it works for my ADHD brain.

Draft out your plan on paper or spreadsheet.  Do not look at the overall goal of your Bachelor or Master as a giant insurmountable goal.  Don't spin your wheels over making a concrete plan right out of the gates.  It will probably change along the way, as new options become available, or maybe some options disappear.  Such as counting on Shmoop, and then it goes away.  Just get a nice base plan, and go with it, realizing that it will be a dynamic, changing process.  This forum will always help find solutions and alternatives to classes and alternative credits. Take it in logical steps and celebrate each small win.  I am not saying to do it slowly or one little thing at a time, just simply set a goal for the semester or for the month, and make sure to finish it. By keeping it fun, and celebrating the small steps and increments, it kept me interested and engaged.

Getting the Pierpont AAS and the TESU ASNSM along the way REALLY helped me to stay motivated by achieving smaller, yet awesome goals along the way.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

[-] The following 3 users Like ChilliDawg's post:
  • Muldoon, saraholson, withrown
(04-28-2019, 11:30 AM)ChilliDawg Wrote: Two weeks ago I turned my final Capstone in, early.  I had been waiting for the past week or so to see it get graded.  

Well, I logged in and it is graded..........97.54 Percent.  My final grade for the entire Capstone Course is a 95%  

I was a bit worried at first because I got an 85% on my first chapter draft.  After narrowing my project scope and having a talk with the mentor, I got focused and on track. 

My academic eval says "Anticipated complete".  My graduation app was submitted and paid back in March, and is awating final Eval for June grad.

A big thank you to all of the great people on this forum. I was going to shout out names, but would feel terrible if I left someone out.  You all know who you are.  You jump in daily and graciously answer any questions that people might have.  You share your degree plans, your personal experiences, and are always unselfish with your knowledge.  Because of this forum, I have completed three degrees in 2.5 years.  Most of you may not realize it, but you are educators, yourself.  Honorably helping and educating people with an important achievement in their lives.  Hats off.

Can't wait for that paper in the mail.  Ready for the next chapter of my journey.  Grad school or second bachelor? Hmmmmmm.

Thanks again!

Congrats!
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • ChilliDawg
Congrats, done as well!
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
[-] The following 3 users Like zzzz24's post:
  • ChilliDawg, Merlin, sofinel
(04-28-2019, 11:30 AM)ChilliDawg Wrote: Two weeks ago I turned my final Capstone in, early.  I had been waiting for the past week or so to see it get graded.  

A big thank you to all of the great people on this forum. I was going to shout out names, but would feel terrible if I left someone out.  You all know who you are.  You jump in daily and graciously answer any questions that people might have.  You share your degree plans, your personal experiences, and are always unselfish with your knowledge.  Because of this forum, I have completed three degrees in 2.5 years.  Most of you may not realize it, but you are educators, yourself.  Honorably helping and educating people with an important achievement in their lives.  Hats off.

Thanks again!
Congratulations
[-] The following 1 user Likes indigoshuffle's post:
  • ChilliDawg
Congratulations! Well Done!
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hsfamfun's post:
  • ChilliDawg

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,281 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 523 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,367 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,115 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,175 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Capstone project Done gams007 5 919 05-02-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gams007
  I need help with Kaltura for the capstone oral presentation mcquacks2 3 701 04-02-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
Star Requirements for BA CompSci COMPLETE jsd 22 2,785 03-19-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  TESU transfering alt credits after doing capstone or during? CanICode 5 900 03-09-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone disney_day_dreamer 12 2,032 02-21-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: natshar