Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capstone February?
Are you taking the business capstone?
There isn't a template but on the business capstone, the writing assignments have a topic and certain questions you must at least cover. There is a minimum word count, usually 1000 words, and you must use the APA format and be sure to cite all your sources. The business papers must also be double spaced, unless you are posting to the discussion board.

I hope this somewhat helps.
(02-06-2021, 10:34 AM)themailbox61 Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 02:32 PM)AZDan Wrote: Hi themailbox61,
I just completed SOS110 last week and am finishing the business capstone later next week. Although I am not sure about the liberal arts capstone, you can expect a good amount of writing for both classes.

For SOS110, it is not too difficult and as long as you put some time and thought into the writings, discussions, and discussion responses, you should get a good grade. I finished with an A while taking two other courses and a Study.com class at the same time and if can do that, anyone can.

For me on the business capstone, I have noticed the assignments seems to be progressively more complex/difficult as they go on. The expectations on the discussions and responses are higher, as they should be, but there is a lot of writing, chapter readings, case study reading and case study writing. You also need to take a Proficiency test. This is for the university to asses your learnings as a senior level student. Expect to invest a lot of hours throughout this course, but overall, I am enjoying the course and have learned a lot.

FWIW, that's my input.
So far, I am really enjoying SOS, but I am absolutely lost on the Capstone. My writing assignment is due tomorrow. There is no template, no contact with the professor, the student handbook offers no help. I'm lost. I know what I want my paper to be about, but I dont know what he wants on the first assignment.

What is your first assignment? I am doing a Feb capstone and will PM you.
(01-28-2021, 05:20 PM)Brichinica Wrote: Hey Guys! 
I'm taking the Liberal Arts Capstone in February! Anyone else taking the February term?

Yep! With Hansen.  You?
I've started the liberal arts capstone in February as well.

I just completed the business capstone in January, got an A in that course. 

Seems like liberal arts capstone is easier as there is really just one big paper to write, and you're just pulling pieces of the final paper in the forums and assignments.  I don't see how this course is going to take longer than 40 hours to do for me at least.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(01-29-2021, 04:07 PM)purpleflowers Wrote: I am and I have no idea what I am going to write about. Who are you taking it with?

Dr. Black
Hearing crickets on this thread.  How did things go?

I admit the Capstone was harder than I thought.  My main problem was doing the oral presentation and assignments before knowing exactly what my paper was going to be about.  I had to guess what my conclusions were going to be.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 360 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,325 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,038 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,144 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Capstone project Done gams007 5 876 05-02-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gams007
  I need help with Kaltura for the capstone oral presentation mcquacks2 3 661 04-02-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  TESU transfering alt credits after doing capstone or during? CanICode 5 872 03-09-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone disney_day_dreamer 12 1,969 02-21-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Anyone willing to share their capstone experience/sample? Amberlinjeanne 9 1,655 12-13-2022, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne