Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What UL classes did you enjoy?
I only need 7 more UL credits in my BALS. I have an ethics course, Japanese Lit, and TEEX DI. 

What classes did you find enjoyable? Tolerable? Awful?

I'm wary of coopersmith because I'm scared of dropping $150 on something I don't like or can't finish, but haven't ruled it out completely.  At least with SDC I can change direction if the class ends up not working for me and I wouldn't have to pay more (that month). 

Any other sources? I'm pretty much in burnout right now so everything sounds awful haha but I only have a few left....
Goal: Anything. Just need the paper. 
In Progress: last few 300-400 level, Am Gov
Complete: [Sophia]: CSMLearn, TEEX DI, Art History 2, English Comp 2, Sociology, Ethics, Project Management, Human Bio, US Hist2, Intro to Business, Microeconomics, Accounting, Finance, Greek Phil, Stats, Conflict Res (1CR), Visual Comm, Dev Effective Teams,  [SL]: Bus Law [ALEKS]: Intermediate Algebra [Institutes]: Ethics [CLEP]: Western Civ I [Murrray State University]: 5CR: MAT130 MAT230 4CR: GSC199 ENG105 CHE101 ITD107 PHY130/131 3CR: COM161 MAT117 ART121 HIS221 PSY180 CHN101 RGS200 CSC199 CET284 ECO230 JPN350 RES132 THD104 1CR: IDC199 MSU099

I sent you a longer, more detailed answer in PM.

I only needed 5 UL courses (15 credits, plus capstone) for my TESU BALS.
took and liked: teex Death investigation, SDC Eng 305, SDC Psy 301 (which is nccrs approved for UL and on the transfer guide). Coopersmith Sports and Exercise Psychology. Coopersmith Stress management.
started coopersmith sociology of jewish food. but discovered that class wasn't clicking with me for independent learning (having to look up a lot of Hebrew words and photos of foods for the material to make sense in modern times section. and material was not sticking when I tried the sample exam questions they provide) haven't asked for any policies on partial refunds. decided not to worry about it if answer is no.I can learn it later for personal enrichment instead of credit. that's ok too. (edit to add: according to the syllabus exam on this one is some m/c, some "short answer, one complete sentence", and some "quick essay" as in one paragraph answer.)
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Is the TEEX Death Investigation considered UPPER LEVEL transfer to TESU??? Was it a proctored exam?
Skaro - Yes it is upper level, and no it's not.
(08-15-2020, 03:48 PM)ARhead Wrote: Skaro - Yes it is upper level, and no it's not.
Did it have a paper? or just quizzes and then final exam?
(08-15-2020, 07:11 AM)P226mem Wrote: I sent you a longer, more detailed answer in PM.  

took and liked:  teex Death investigation, SDC Eng 305, SDC Psy 301 (which is nccrs approved for UL and on the transfer guide). Coopersmith Sports and Exercise Psychology. Coopersmith Stress management.    
started coopersmith sociology of jewish food.  but discovered that class wasn't clicking with me for independent learning (having to look up a lot of Hebrew words and photos of foods for the material to make sense in modern times section. and material was not sticking when I tried the sample exam questions they provide)  haven't asked for any policies on partial refunds. decided not to worry about it if answer is no.I can learn it later for personal enrichment instead of credit. that's ok too.   (edit to add: according to the syllabus  exam on this one is some m/c, some "short answer, one complete sentence", and some "quick essay" as in one paragraph answer.)
I was thinking of doing Jewish Food because sociology was my major at my previous school. I thought maybe how hard it would be, it would be neat to learn something new. Not sure now. LOL
Composition Modular- 52 (3 cr)
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 52 (6 cr)
College Composition- 50 (6 cr)
(08-15-2020, 03:54 PM)mrskitty Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 07:11 AM)P226mem Wrote: I sent you a longer, more detailed answer in PM.  

took and liked:  teex Death investigation, SDC Eng 305, SDC Psy 301 (which is nccrs approved for UL and on the transfer guide). Coopersmith Sports and Exercise Psychology. Coopersmith Stress management.    
started coopersmith sociology of jewish food.  but discovered that class wasn't clicking with me for independent learning (having to look up a lot of Hebrew words and photos of foods for the material to make sense in modern times section. and material was not sticking when I tried the sample exam questions they provide)  haven't asked for any policies on partial refunds. decided not to worry about it if answer is no.I can learn it later for personal enrichment instead of credit. that's ok too.   (edit to add: according to the syllabus  exam on this one is some m/c, some "short answer, one complete sentence", and some "quick essay" as in one paragraph answer.)
I was thinking of doing Jewish Food because sociology was my major at my previous school. I thought maybe how hard it would be, it would be neat to learn something new. Not sure now. LOL

I tried to take Chinese history way back in my B&M days because I wanted something totally out of my wheelhouse that I knew basically nothing about.  After a few weeks I realized how difficult it was going to be to try to remember hundreds of Chinese nouns (even translated to English) for the tests and dropped it.  Trying to maintain a decent GPA limits your options for enrichment sometimes.
(08-15-2020, 03:50 PM)SkaroFamily Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 03:48 PM)ARhead Wrote: Skaro - Yes it is upper level, and no it's not.
Did it have a paper? or just quizzes and then final exam?

No paper. just exam (multiple choice)
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

I am not 100% sure on this. But some of Davar business courses look like they transfer to TESU as UL courses that count in the Humanities and Social Sciences areas for BALS. I have not used Davar to know about the courses or the exams. Other threads will have that info. But looking at Davar website with transfer chart, and comparing to TESU "humanities and social sciences" gen ed courses, maybe Managerial Communications, Organizational Behavior, or Ethics and Business Professional (assuming you don't have that course already) might work? cost effective. but I don't know anything about the courses or exams. hopefully those options can be verified by your advisor if you go that route. and maybe others can taken and liked or not liked those courses.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  If classes start Monday, December 5th, are you enrolled? Insert Name 2 446 12-02-2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Has anyone taken any of these classes? Insert Name 16 1,218 11-09-2022, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Best source to verify which classes transfer to TESU? muu9 5 1,087 10-17-2022, 05:03 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Any Recommended (Ace) Lower level Finance Area of Study classes? SamTrulli 3 657 10-01-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia IT classes to TESU JenninMN 5 1,162 09-01-2022, 01:45 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  question on TESU non-proctored degree classes? EducationSeeker 7 1,464 08-03-2022, 08:01 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  TESU UL Math Classes bjcheung77 6 1,227 04-28-2022, 11:21 PM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  Upper level classes for liberal studies janthonys 11 1,683 03-27-2022, 12:49 PM
Last Post: janthonys
  TESU - Classes, Credits and What to do? Need Advice. Risingstar 6 1,263 02-18-2022, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Risingstar