Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capstone info
Hello all! I'm getting ready to register for my final class, BALS Capstone. Has anyone in the group completed this recently. Can you give me an idea of the course set up and time needed to complete. I also am unfamiliar with the test that you have to take. Is it proctored? I'm definitely rusty in math so is there anything I should study up on prior to the required test. Thanks!! Smile
I don't think the BALS capstone has an exam? Some majors have the MFT to take, but not BALS.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
The test is proctored but the score doesn't matter. You always get a 100% score.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Did you take the cornerstone from TESU? If you did, that should be sufficient to get you "prepared" for what is to come. If you're doing the cornerstone & capstone at the same time, then that's a different story. There isn't much you need to prepare before the course starts, you just need time management for completing discussions and assignments...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
with TESU you tend to get access to the syllabus and calendar about 2 days before course officially begins. That will be plenty of time to look over stuff and get an idea. The project and course are broken into small and reachable goals with deadlines to build the paper.

You have to do the ETS proficiency exam. Given credit for completing it (as LevelUp said) on time. Here is a link to basic info TESU gives about exit exam
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OAl6...QKVBE/edit

and that will also take you to this info https://www.ets.org/proficiencyprofile/about/content/
so you can see the topics.

Do what you can on it. It's not expected that you study for it. You need to do it on time and turn in screen shot or something that you finished to get credit.

some majors will have a field test. From the ETS site, you can get more info on that.
rest of majors do a "written communication" thing. They give you several prompts and you pick one. This is not timed. It's 1-2 pages and you follow the instructors of what to write. Not bad. proof read before you turn in Smile
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 17 2,485 04-21-2024, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Dosada
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 546 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,403 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,381 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,120 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,185 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Possible change or wrong info on wiki Insert Name 4 526 07-11-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Capstone project Done gams007 5 928 05-02-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gams007
  I need help with Kaltura for the capstone oral presentation mcquacks2 3 710 04-02-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  TESU transfering alt credits after doing capstone or during? CanICode 5 908 03-09-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore