Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Career prospects after completing TESU BABA GM
What are the career options that open up after compting the BSBA in GM ? I understand that if one completes an MBA , it would open a lot of doors but what about just bachelors ?
A mod should probably move this to the general education or off-topic sub-forum. This sub-forum focuses on ACE and NCCRS courses.

How far are you into the BSBA? You should figure out what you want to do first and look at what's required to obtain that job.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:A mod should probably move this to the general education or off-topic sub-forum. This sub-forum focuses on ACE and NCCRS courses.

How far are you into the BSBA? You should figure out what you want to do first and look at what's required to obtain that job.

Sorry about posting it in the wrong forum eeks ... I am wanting to be a Project Manager, Business Analyst or an Ops manager .
sarahrahul Wrote:Sorry about posting it in the wrong forum eeks ... I am wanting to be a Project Manager, Business Analyst or an Ops manager .

As Sanantone suggested, you should look at job postings for all of those, and see what types of degree they require.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
A job applicant with a BSBA degree or MBA and no work experience will have a hard time getting a "real" job. Once you get work experience, you can go far with it since the bsba is a requirement for many jobs. On the other hand, this is a common degree so you will have a lot of competition. For example, I would never hire a grad with just a bsba for a project manager job. You need previous PM experience from an internship or job and a PMP cert before I'd be interested.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
TrailRunr Wrote:For example, I would never hire a grad with just a bsba for a project manager job. You need previous PM experience from an internship or job and a PMP cert before I'd be interested.

Do you know if there are any inexpensive certs that are considered decent? That place with the Mini Masters certs, Coursera I believe, says they are well respected and help people get jobs.

TrailRunr Wrote:A job applicant with a BSBA degree or MBA and no work experience will have a hard time getting a "real" job. Once you get work experience, you can go far with it since the bsba is a requirement for many jobs. On the other hand, this is a common degree so you will have a lot of competition. For example, I would never hire a grad with just a bsba for a project manager job. You need previous PM experience from an internship or job and a PMP cert before I'd be interested.

Agreed. I would like to see a thread encouraging degree seekers to get an internship (online or brick and mortar) while enrolled in one of the Big Three. It can really get your foot in the door. A degree isnt enough these days.
Lnacen Wrote:Agreed. I would like to see a thread encouraging degree seekers to get an internship (online or brick and mortar) while enrolled in one of the Big Three. It can really get your foot in the door. A degree isnt enough these days.
How do you go about getting one if your going to one of the big 3
There are internships posted on companies' job boards, so you can apply directly. I would set up an automatic search for "internship" on Indeed so that new openings are emailed daily or weekly, check all the local goverment and state websites on a regular basis, check USAJobs.gov daily, and check Government jobs.com on a regular basis. Most internships are in the summer.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:There are internships posted on companies' job boards, so you can apply directly. I would set up an automatic search for "internship" on Indeed so that new openings are emailed daily or weekly, check all the local goverment and state websites on a regular basis, check USAJobs.gov daily, and check Government jobs.com on a regular basis. Most internships are in the summer.

When do people typically apply for internships how many credits obtained? Can you do one after you have your degree?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 584 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 424 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,094 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Why Majoring in the Humanities Can Be a Great Career Move allvia 1 334 10-08-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,082 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,972 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,305 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
  College majors (again) and career training... bjcheung77 2 579 11-13-2022, 10:44 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  What are micro-credentials and who is completing them? vintage_jacket 10 1,156 09-06-2022, 10:22 PM
  Universal Technical Institute buys Concorde Career Colleges bjcheung77 0 433 05-16-2022, 02:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77