Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ccaf
Prloko Wrote:Thanks for the update. It was talk for a while when they were introducing the new MSgt promotion boards. For SMSgt, its not necessarily a "requirement", but you need to have it to get a Sr Rater endorsement, which basically does make it a requirement.

Thanks again for updating.

PS> What's your AFSC?

I'm a 1C1 Air Traffic Controller

Quote:1.13. Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) Requirements. Airmen eligible for promotion to SMSgt and CMSgt must have a conferred two year CCAF degree on or before PECD. CCAF degree may be in any discipline.

It's required now, they aren't playing about this thing.
English Composition II-TECEP

Technical Writing
-TECEP

Principles of Supervision
-DSST

Principles of Management-CLEP

Principles of Public Speaking
-DSST

Human Cultural Geography-DSST

Ethics in America-DSST

Psychology of Women-TECEP
blaqberry Wrote:I'm a 1C1 Air Traffic Controller

It's required now, they aren't playing about this thing.

Nice, I had 2 brothers that were both ATC. One was at Luke AFB and the other at Dyess
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
I originally enlisted in the Guard ATC, then switched to NDI. Loved NDI, but got stuck in Avionics after a decision for our base to lose it planes and then get them back five years later. Still in Avionics and can't wait until I can try and get in the COMM flight.
tsimmns Wrote:I originally enlisted in the Guard ATC, then switched to NDI. Loved NDI, but got stuck in Avionics after a decision for our base to lose it planes and then get them back five years later. Still in Avionics and can't wait until I can try and get in the COMM flight.

Are you in Meridian? I did 6 years up in Columbus.

Technical Writing
-TECEP

-DSST

-DSST

Ethics in America-DSST

Yep, Meridian. I used to work at CAFB as a contractor for Dyncorp. Are you still Active Duty and ATC? How did you like Columbus? I have heard from some AD folks that it's the black hole of the AF.
1C5's get the ASOT? I dunno why, but I always thought you guys got the ATC degree and the next-to-useless ASOT was for those of us stupid enough to become 1A4/1U0's.
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
hightecrebel Wrote:1C5's get the ASOT? I dunno why, but I always thought you guys got the ATC degree and the next-to-useless ASOT was for those of us stupid enough to become 1A4/1U0's.

XD I wish. 1A4, 1C5, 1C6, 1U0. It's alright though, maybe it will help me with Data link jobs ... or somthing. Not like I would have done ATC even if I had the ATC CCAF.

My favorite part is that the ASOT had basically no AU-ABC programs that didn't suck
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
Yeah, I'd looked around a lot trying to find one. My personal favorite was that in between bouts of 'continue your education/whole airman concept' briefings from the various Chiefs and Shirts, they'd toss in 'but make sure it's related to your career field/CCAF, otherwise it's obvious you don't care about the AF's needs and it will be looked at poorly'.
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
tsimmns Wrote:Yep, Meridian. I used to work at CAFB as a contractor for Dyncorp. Are you still Active Duty and ATC? How did you like Columbus? I have heard from some AD folks that it's the black hole of the AF.

I got there when I was 18 and thought it was the worst assignment in the world. When I left, I realized that I had a blast. My tour was 6 years and it felt longer than that. But even after doing Okinawa, England and Tokyo, I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Technical Writing
-TECEP

-DSST

-DSST

Ethics in America-DSST

*double post

Technical Writing
-TECEP

-DSST

-DSST

Ethics in America-DSST

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best options to finish my CCAF bthompson1638 8 10,219 08-04-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  CCAF is Ridiculous Sagan 3 3,134 03-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Another CCAF thread about alternative credits Tracker 9 4,883 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  HELP! Need CCAF in 19weeks blakedrinnen 4 2,839 02-19-2018, 08:30 AM
  Airforce ccaf - study.com retire2018 12 9,273 02-18-2018, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Picking college for IT after finishing CCAF riderofdirt 5 4,792 06-26-2017, 08:26 PM
  Suggested Cleps to Finish my CCAF. Nerdymcnerdface 2 4,234 09-22-2016, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Finished CCAF jethomasjr 9 3,755 09-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jethomasjr
  CCAF vs JST rockbust 6 3,306 08-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Last Post: dcan
  BYU Public Speaking and CCAF rcsaint 5 2,027 01-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Last Post: gingerbeefE