Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ccaf
Found out today that Business Comunications that I took in college will not count for the Speech part. Funny how business majors at the University of Missisippi never have to have it, just the Business Community to graduate. Also found out that Pol Science that was into to CJ will not count either for my Social Science class. Two classes left and then maybe I'll be done with these slow people. I still find it hard that every other branch can have knowledgable people working in their education department and can even send electronic transcripts, however the AF who claims to have the greatest technology can't send a simple electronic transcript or receive them. There needs to be a major overhaul in that department in my opinion.
It's different. Air Force is the only one with their own actual accretided college compared to the other branches. It's not going to change, long story short just take Speech and anthropology at AMU, easy As. Or take the DSST for the two.
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
gingerbeefE Wrote:It's different. Air Force is the only one with their own actual accretided college compared to the other branches. It's not going to change, long story short just take Speech and anthropology at AMU, easy As. Or take the DSST for the two.

I know it's different and that the AF actually offers an AS in career fields, but the fact that the agency is incompetent of having technology that allows transcripts to be sent to other colleges electronically is unreal with the AF technology and infrastructure. Not a stab at you honestly, it's just a personal rant at how poorly that whole system is. 5 months to have a transcript evaluated. I also ordered a transcript to not be sent Fed-Ex two months ago and it has yet to arrive at Columbia College.

As for Anthropology, I would assume this class is the easiest between it, Sociology, and Psychology?
gingerbeefE Wrote:It's different. Air Force is the only one with their own actual accretided college compared to the other branches. It's not going to change, long story short just take Speech and anthropology at AMU, easy As. Or take the DSST for the two.

Also, do you mind if I ask what your AFSC is since I see you have a CCAF in Air and Space Operations Technology.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
tsimmns Wrote:I know it's different and that the AF actually offers an AS in career fields, but the fact that the agency is incompetent of having technology that allows transcripts to be sent to other colleges electronically is unreal with the AF technology and infrastructure. Not a stab at you honestly, it's just a personal rant at how poorly that whole system is. 5 months to have a transcript evaluated. I also ordered a transcript to not be sent Fed-Ex two months ago and it has yet to arrive at Columbia College.

As for Anthropology, I would assume this class is the easiest between it, Sociology, and Psychology?

You're 100% right. They take waaaay too long to process these things. I feel if they're going to shuffle their feet on these things, they shouldn't put soo much emphasis and pressure on completing them. I've been out for a year, so I don't know the latest, but I remember something about CCAF being basically a requirement for MSgt now. Is that true?

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

tsimmns Wrote:I know it's different and that the AF actually offers an AS in career fields, but the fact that the agency is incompetent of having technology that allows transcripts to be sent to other colleges electronically is unreal with the AF technology and infrastructure. Not a stab at you honestly, it's just a personal rant at how poorly that whole system is. 5 months to have a transcript evaluated. I also ordered a transcript to not be sent Fed-Ex two months ago and it has yet to arrive at Columbia College.

I don't know what issues you are having, but I haven't come close to waiting 5 months on CCAF transcripts. Not even 5 weeks.

Prloko Wrote:You're 100% right. They take waaaay too long to process these things. I feel if they're going to shuffle their feet on these things, they shouldn't put soo much emphasis and pressure on completing them. I've been out for a year, so I don't know the latest, but I remember something about CCAF being basically a requirement for MSgt now. Is that true?

No, it isn't a requirement to make MSgt, as a matter of fact it was masked from the board this year. Education will be seen from here on out, but still there is not requirement for MSgt. SMSgt is a different story, you have to have one to be eligible for promotion.
English Composition II-TECEP

Technical Writing
-TECEP

Principles of Supervision
-DSST

Principles of Management-CLEP

Principles of Public Speaking
-DSST

Human Cultural Geography-DSST

Ethics in America-DSST

Psychology of Women-TECEP
blaqberry Wrote:No, it isn't a requirement to make MSgt, as a matter of fact it was masked from the board this year. Education will be seen from here on out, but still there is not requirement for MSgt. SMSgt is a different story, you have to have one to be eligible for promotion.

Thanks for the update. It was talk for a while when they were introducing the new MSgt promotion boards. For SMSgt, its not necessarily a "requirement", but you need to have it to get a Sr Rater endorsement, which basically does make it a requirement.

Thanks again for updating.

PS> What's your AFSC?

PrLoko-isms

I just found out that the entire CCAF squadron is a team of 8 people, 3 of which eval schools to see if they should be accepted by CCAF, 2 of which deal with like 3000 TA requests per day, and 2 deal with all the transcripts. Not sure what the 8th does, maybe supervises ?
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
tsimmns Wrote:Also, do you mind if I ask what your AFSC is since I see you have a CCAF in Air and Space Operations Technology.

Oh, sorry didn't see this post, I am a 1C5. Command and Control battle managment
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best options to finish my CCAF bthompson1638 8 10,129 08-04-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  CCAF is Ridiculous Sagan 3 3,093 03-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Another CCAF thread about alternative credits Tracker 9 4,797 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  HELP! Need CCAF in 19weeks blakedrinnen 4 2,792 02-19-2018, 08:30 AM
  Airforce ccaf - study.com retire2018 12 9,135 02-18-2018, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Picking college for IT after finishing CCAF riderofdirt 5 4,745 06-26-2017, 08:26 PM
  Suggested Cleps to Finish my CCAF. Nerdymcnerdface 2 4,189 09-22-2016, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Finished CCAF jethomasjr 9 3,712 09-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jethomasjr
  CCAF vs JST rockbust 6 3,238 08-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Last Post: dcan
  BYU Public Speaking and CCAF rcsaint 5 2,003 01-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Last Post: gingerbeefE