Eh... I guess it's alright?
64.29%
9 64.29%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CeDiploma Value?
So I just received an email from TESU that I can purchase a CeDiploma for an additional $10.95! What a deal... I have no use for it now, and I doubt I'll have a use for it in the future, but for $11 I'm thinking of doing it just to future-proof myself.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • Dorothy44
It looks potentially useful but, IMO, this is the sort of thing that should be included in the graduation fee.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Flelm
(06-10-2021, 10:30 AM)rachel83az Wrote: It looks potentially useful but, IMO, this is the sort of thing that should be included in the graduation fee.

I agree but unfortunately what should be and what are tend to be two very different things.

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
  • rachel83az
Not sure what you'd really ever need it for. But hey if you want a digital diploma go for it!
It could potentially be useful in the future if you expect that your employer(s) might want to actually verify your degree(s).
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(06-10-2021, 10:58 AM)rachel83az Wrote: It could potentially be useful in the future if you expect that your employer(s) might want to actually verify your degree(s).

You could just take a pic on your phone of your degree. I haven't had anyone ask for a copy of my degree. I wonder what positions they ask for a copy of the degree. With technology today anyone could make a fake diploma. I would think they'd be more interested in official transcripts sent directly by the college.
It's got the Apostille seal going for it, if you ever need that. (I'm not clear on what exactly that is, except it's used in Europe?) Like I said, I'm considering it for future proof rather than any actual need.

• rachel83az
As an American, Apostille seals are a PITA to get if you ever have to deal with that. In that case, it's TOTALLY worth it for international students (I know that there are a few on the board) or anyone whose career might possibly take them overseas at some point.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
It's a great deal! And I voted for that. Even though you may not need it for most situations, it's always handy to have it. Here are the reasons it would be useful... and as you mentioned, it's "future-proof".

1) Digital - meaning anyone with your code or link will have access to this, it's sharable if you have your personal website or social media, so you can add it to your digital resume/CV or your other social media accounts

2) Affordable - unlike some providers in the Europe Union, they charge a nominal fee for this feature - I agree it should be included in the graduation fee - oh wells, they do what they have to do - fees for each item

3) Future-proof! Yeah, if you need it for any verification in the future, it would be cheapest/easiest/fastest to have this available versus having to pay for another transcript or diploma to be mailed out as verification

Oh yeah, and in regards to the seal, it's very useful for the EU (European Union) and also any country that understands the Bologna process.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Dorothy44, rachel83az
(06-10-2021, 10:27 AM)Flelm Wrote: So I just received an email from TESU that I can purchase a CeDiploma for an additional $10.95! What a deal... I have no use for it now, and I doubt I'll have a use for it in the future, but for $11 I'm thinking of doing it just to future-proof myself.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?
I also received this email. Congrats on our graduation day btw! Smile I'm not going to do it as I've never ever had any employer ask to even see my Associate's degree.
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant