Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes to TESU LSSS degree requirements made in Nov or Dec?
It appears that TESU seems to have made some changes in the requirements for LSSS sometime between October and yesterday.

I was comparing one friend who is completing his LSSS and locked in his degree requirements in October with another who just locked in yesterday... and the new LSSS degree planning sheet seems to include categories I had not seen before.

What I noticed was an apparently new requirement for  6 credits of "scientific knowledge" replacing the 4 credits of "understanding the physical and natural world",  new specific sub-requirements for 3 credits of history, 3 credits of humanities, and 3 credits of social sciences, and 6 credits of social science, history, or humanities, replacing the previous 12 credits of "knowledge of human cultures."

It looks like there are shifts in the total number of liberal studies general coursework credits (now 24) and electives (now 30).

Is this in fact new? I hadn't seen another thread on this yet, so figured it was worth discussion.

Attached Files
.png   TESU-LSSS1.png (Size: 176.08 KB / Downloads: 26)
.png   TESU-LSSS2.png (Size: 122.12 KB / Downloads: 18)
You missed the memo, that has been changed for a few months now. It's in regards to the general education requirements mentioned July 1, here's a thread about it: You don't really have to worry as nothing much changed as the requirements for each degree AOS remains unchanged, it's the general ed/free electives that has. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ive-July-1
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-04-2021, 04:49 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You missed the memo, that has been changed for a few months now.  It's in regards to the general education requirements mentioned July 1, here's a thread about it:  You don't really have to worry as nothing much changed as the requirements for each degree AOS remains unchanged, it's the general ed/free electives that has. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ive-July-1

I saw that post and that change, and my friend, who (I think) locked in in October, has a different plan than mine.  But this one is different than his. Is the lock-in date based on when you apply for admission, or when you actually enroll (by signing up for a course)?
The one who locked in requirements in October probably applied before July? You have up to a year after application to fully enroll and lock in a catalog.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
It's hard to say, because you're only showing one person's eval, but this is the new eval as of July 1, 2021; anything prior to that was a smidge different, and some changes were good and some were bad. But in general, there wasn't a HUGE change.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-04-2021, 05:09 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The one who locked in requirements in October probably applied before July? You have up to a year after application to fully enroll and lock in a catalog.

Ah! OK, that explains it.  The one who locked requirements in October did, indeed, apply before July 1st, while the other one didn't apply until December.  I didn't realize that you were locked in (for a year) based on *acceptance* date. That's really good to know for others I talk to.
Yeah, right now we are advising people to lock in a catalog and to become fully enrolled ASAP in order to be able to have unlimited transcript evaluations. But, in theory, you do have up to a year to actually do that.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(12-05-2021, 03:39 PM)studyingfortests Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 05:09 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The one who locked in requirements in October probably applied before July? You have up to a year after application to fully enroll and lock in a catalog.

Ah! OK, that explains it.  The one who locked requirements in October did, indeed, apply before July 1st, while the other one didn't apply until December.  I didn't realize that you were locked in (for a year) based on *acceptance* date. That's really good to know for others I talk to.

I believe you are only locked in after you enroll in a class and become an enrolled student.
(12-05-2021, 05:55 PM)ECH90 Wrote: I believe you are only locked in after you enroll in a class and become an enrolled student.

Not entirely true; at least not for TESU.

If you apply and do not either enroll in a class or a TECEP then you remain in applicant status. If you remain in applicant status for longer than 12 months, you are no longer considered to be a student by TESU and you are unenrolled. You must reapply and then you are subject to whatever catalog/policies are in place when you reapply for the second time.

If you do pay for a class or a TECEP (Medical Terminology is the cheapest way to do this), you become a fully enrolled student. This locks in the catalog for another 12 months from start of that term. The catalog that was in effect when you applied is the catalog that is locked in. If you don't take further exams or courses, you will become an inactive student. I think they technically give you 3 months leeway? But it's still good to pay for a class or a TECEP every 10-12 months in order to not become unenrolled and have to reapply.

Policy changes (which courses are accepted for what requirements) are NOT preserved by catalog locks: only by transferring those courses in ASAP. Which is why we recommend locking in the catalog as immediately, if possible. The sooner you can transfer in a course, the less likely it is that you'll suffer adverse effects from future policy changes.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(12-05-2021, 06:06 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 05:55 PM)ECH90 Wrote: I believe you are only locked in after you enroll in a class and become an enrolled student.

Not entirely true; at least not for TESU.

If you apply and do not either enroll in a class or a TECEP then you remain in applicant status. If you remain in applicant status for longer than 12 months, you are no longer considered to be a student by TESU and you are unenrolled. You must reapply and then you are subject to whatever catalog/policies are in place when you reapply for the second time.

If you do pay for a class or a TECEP (Medical Terminology is the cheapest way to do this), you become a fully enrolled student. This locks in the catalog for another 12 months from start of that term. The catalog that was in effect when you applied is the catalog that is locked in. If you don't take further exams or courses, you will become an inactive student. I think they technically give you 3 months leeway? But it's still good to pay for a class or a TECEP every 10-12  months in order to not become unenrolled and have to reapply.

Policy changes (which courses are accepted for what requirements) are NOT preserved by catalog locks: only by transferring those courses in ASAP. Which is why we recommend locking in the catalog as immediately, if possible. The sooner you can transfer in a course, the less likely it is that you'll suffer adverse effects from future policy changes.

Correct.  I think there are 2 great reasons to become an enrolled student at TESU: 1) to lock in your catalog so you don't have the rug ripped out from under you when you apply later and want to get your degree; and 2) to submit courses periodically for evaluation, so that you know where you stand at all times - they won't change a course once it's on your eval unless it's an obvious error, so you lock those courses in as well.

Once you've locked in your catalog, and you start locking in your courses, you stand a much higher chance of graduating as planned.  Not knowing, and possibly having your degree plan change (or even the one you want removed entirely), and not knowing how/if your courses will come in is scary.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 11 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 279 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 257 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 235 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 266 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 236 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger