Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes to TESU LSSS degree requirements made in Nov or Dec?
(12-05-2021, 08:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: ... to submit courses periodically for evaluation, so that you know where you stand at all times - they won't change a course once it's on your eval unless it's an obvious error, so you lock those courses in as well.

Once you've locked in your catalog, and you start locking in your courses, you stand a much higher chance of graduating as planned.  Not knowing, and possibly having your degree plan change (or even the one you want removed entirely), and not knowing how/if your courses will come in is scary.

This thread is super helpful in clarifying; even though I'm at the end of my process, I know a number of others that are not as far along.

So to clarify: are you saying that, assuming you stay enrolled, once a course has been transferred in (transcript received) and approved and on your evaluation, generally they will continue to accept that course, and honor it for the requirement it meets, even if the requirements become different for new students?

And, on a similar vein, if planned coursework (let's say a bunch of Sophia or SDC or other ACE/NCCRS coursework) is already on your evaluation, will they honor it (with the assumption that the course is still ACE/NCCRS approved and not expired) even if the requirements for the degree change? Or is it only solid once you've actually transferred in the credit?

This would make sense why they won't add more than 16 credits at a time to your evaluation if, by doing so, they're essentially saying "we're committing that we'll honor these if you earn them in a reasonable time."
(12-05-2021, 10:25 PM)studyingfortests Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 08:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: ...  to submit courses periodically for evaluation, so that you know where you stand at all times - they won't change a course once it's on your eval unless it's an obvious error, so you lock those courses in as well.

Once you've locked in your catalog, and you start locking in your courses, you stand a much higher chance of graduating as planned.  Not knowing, and possibly having your degree plan change (or even the one you want removed entirely), and not knowing how/if your courses will come in is scary.

This thread is super helpful in clarifying; even though I'm at the end of my process, I know a number of others that are not as far along.

So to clarify: are you saying that, assuming you stay enrolled, once a course has been transferred in (transcript received) and approved and on your evaluation, generally they will continue to accept that course, and honor it for the requirement it meets, even if the requirements become different for new students?

And, on a similar vein, if planned coursework (let's say a bunch of Sophia or SDC or other ACE/NCCRS coursework) is already on your evaluation, will they honor it (with the assumption that the course is still ACE/NCCRS approved and not expired) even if the requirements for the degree change? Or is it only solid once you've actually transferred in the credit?

This would make sense why they won't add more than 16 credits at a time to your evaluation if, by doing so, they're essentially saying "we're committing that we'll honor these if you earn them in a reasonable time."

Once a course is on your eval, I've never seen/heard that they remove it.

For planning though, I'm not going to venture a guess on that one; the advisor can plan something in, but they're not the ones that make decisions, the registrar does; so I'm going to say that unless you actually complete a course and the REGISTRAR puts it on your eval, you're not safe.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-06-2021, 12:32 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Once a course is on your eval, I've never seen/heard that they remove it.

For planning though, I'm not going to venture a guess on that one; the advisor can plan something in, but they're not the ones that make decisions, the registrar does; so I'm going to say that unless you actually complete a course and the REGISTRAR puts it on your eval, you're not safe.

Sorry, one more clarification: 

So if I'm reading you correctly:

-- When an advisor puts a course on your evaluation, it shows up as "planned."  And when you submit the transcript and the registrar processes it, it becomes a "completed requirement."

-- Thus, once a course has been transferred and processed by the registrar, and added to your evaluation, TESU will in all or nearly all cases honor it to complete the requirements of your evaluation. Even if they subsequently change how a course comes in or how it is applied, it will still be honored for your degree plan.

-- And in most cases, if a course is on your evaluation as "planned" and you complete it in a reasonable time, it would be rare or almost unheard of for them to not accept it once transferred in.

Is that reasonably accurate (at least at present?)
(12-08-2021, 04:27 AM)studyingfortests Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 12:32 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Once a course is on your eval, I've never seen/heard that they remove it.

Sorry, one more clarification: 

So if I'm reading you correctly:

-- When an advisor puts a course on your evaluation, it shows up as "planned."  And when you submit the transcript and the registrar processes it, it becomes a "completed requirement." CORRECT IN THAT ADVISORS CAN ONLY PLAN IN COURSES, IT'S THE REGISTRAR THAT ACTUALLY EVALUATES COURSES AND PLACES THEM ON YOUR DEGREE PLAN.

-- Thus, once a course has been transferred and processed by the registrar, and added to your evaluation, TESU will in all or nearly all cases honor it to complete the requirements of your evaluation. Even if they subsequently change how a course comes in or how it is applied, it will still be honored for your degree plan. CORRECT, ONCE A COURSE HAS BEEN EVALUATED AND PLACED ON YOUR EVAL, SUBSEQUENT CHANGES TO HOW A COURSE COMES IN WON'T AFFECT YOU.

-- And in most cases, if a course is on your evaluation as "planned" and you complete it in a reasonable time, it would be rare or almost unheard of for them to not accept it once transferred in. I PLEAD THE 5TH ON THIS ONE - I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS CORRECT (ESPECIALLY THE RARE OR ALMOST UNHEARD OF PART), AND THE ADVISOR CAN BE WRONG, SO I'M GOING TO SAY THAT YMMV HERE.

Is that reasonably accurate (at least at present?)

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT AT TESU, ADVISORS ARE FREQUENTLY WRONG ABOUT THINGS, WHILE THE REGISTRAR MORE RARELY IS - SO I'M NOT COUNTING ON ANYTHING AN ADVISOR SAYS OR DOES AS THE LAST WORD.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-08-2021, 11:33 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT AT TESU, ADVISORS ARE FREQUENTLY WRONG ABOUT THINGS, WHILE THE REGISTRAR MORE RARELY IS - SO I'M NOT COUNTING ON ANYTHING AN ADVISOR SAYS OR DOES AS THE LAST WORD.

I did run into this, both with financial aid, and with academic advising.

With financial aid, once I bitched, they made good on it. And with advising, I was pretty sure it was not good advice, so I emailed Don Stoltz, who gave correct info.  I Once I found that person who seems to be reliable, (in thiscase, Don), Ijust relied on him for the rest, including some rather complicated requests to honor courses for specific requirements. His input turned out to be correct in all cases for me, but YMMV.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 497 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 444 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 465 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,281 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 257 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,216 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 231 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 367 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 359 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 299 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az