Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing from TESU to COSC? New Plan
Hey folks!
I'm 2 classes away from a BSBA at TESU, but I've really been considering changing to COSC due to the residency waiver. COVID has changed my household from one with 2 incomes to only 1 (myself). That $3000 fee last year was "do-able", whereas now not so much.
I see that COSC requires a course on Management Information Systems, and I know I'll need several more upper level courses. Different places say different things - 30 UL overall, vs 15 in area of study and 15 gen ed. Can anyone clarify on this? Going to attach my current degree plan with TESU. 
What's left to do if I decide to go down the COSC route instead?

Attached Files
.xlsx   Degree Plan.xlsx (Size: 7.96 KB / Downloads: 28)
TESU BSBA Gen Mgmt - In progress
Straighterline - 72 credits
Sophia - 35 credits
Study.com - 21 credits
TEEX - 6 credits
East MS CC, Jackson State CC, Univ of TN at Martin, Olivet Nazarene, TESU - 27 credits
Goal: teaching cert, state of GA
I presume that EMCC, UTM, and JSCC are: East Mississippi Community College, University of Tennessee at Martin, and Jackson State Community College?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-30-2020, 12:22 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I presume that EMCC, UTM, and JSCC are: East Mississippi Community College, University of Tennessee at Martin, and Jackson State Community College?

That is correct!
TESU BSBA Gen Mgmt - In progress
Straighterline - 72 credits
Sophia - 35 credits
Study.com - 21 credits
TEEX - 6 credits
East MS CC, Jackson State CC, Univ of TN at Martin, Olivet Nazarene, TESU - 27 credits
Goal: teaching cert, state of GA
[-] The following 1 user Likes jcooke's post:
  • gams007
If you can find a DSST testing center you can try to swing that. I haven't taken the MIS DSST but, seeing what you've already taken you'll most likely make short work of it.

I haven't checked in a while but the for upper level you can take fundamentals of cyber security (some crossover with MIS information) money and banking (i hear this is a tough one) Human resource management (should be no problem with your course background) and history of Vietnam or civil war and reconstruction.
COSC AS 2019 - completed
COSC BSBA 2020 - completed
Cumberland School of Law M.S.L 2022 - completed
UA - MS Hospitality Management 2024 - in process

#GOACORNS
#GOBULLDOGS
#ROLLTIDE
Looking at your degree plan, I don't understand why you'd want to change schools now. All you have are 2 courses TESU requires to be completed at TESU remaining. By switching schools, you'll have more classes to complete which means more $$$ and much more time.
In looking at making a switch, you have to do a bunch of things:

1) You need a lab science (so you can do a Nutrition lab at Rio Salado, 1 cr for $250+lab or a bio lab from somewhere

2) I'm unclear for the major if the "45 credits required" includes the 3 pre-reqs or not, their degree plans are harder to figure out - if so, then you just need BUS 101: Principles of Management, BUS 303: Management Info Systems, and FIN 104: Financial Management (Sophia's website doesn't list their Prin of Finance as meeting this requirement, nor does the IT course meet the MIS requirement, nor does SL's; and SL's Prin of Management doesn't show as meeting that requirement)

3) If you need 3 add'l courses, then you'll have to figure some out, the ones you have listed on your sheet wont' work

4) It's unclear how many courses in the major have to be UL, there are 3 there, all electives, which is great. Not sure if that's enough.

5) You need 6 additional UL courses, you'll have to check the Study.com site to see which ones will work as UL at COSC, as well as figure out how many need to be business electives, and how many need to be GE-area courses.

If you're just looking at price, TESU is $6654 and COSC is $3181 (2 terms), the difference being $3473, and you can easily get the remaining courses for less than that, so COSC will be cheaper, but TESU will be easier. Totally up to you on what you prioritize. I'd probably apply to COSC, get an eval, and see if the SL/Sophia courses come in and make things any easier). You can also ask all of your questions then as well to make an informed decision.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 596 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 217 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 212 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 191 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 525 04-16-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 9 355 04-07-2024, 10:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,071 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 386 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
  Need some advice on my plan jobojoe285 3 212 03-29-2024, 09:16 PM
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 485 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM