Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charter Oak Question regarding Pel Grant and only 60 credits.
Charter Oak- so this may sound like a stupid question.

But my understanding with Charter Oak is that I need to do certain courses through them but that they accept a lot of free credits such as FEMA.

Right now I only have 45 credits. I will probably be able to have over 60 by the time January hits. This is not including any free credits from FEMA.

At this point. I think I need to start focusing on upper level credits. If I enroll to Charter Oaks and sign up for a four upper level courses that will help me get to my end goal. Will the Pel Grant pay for all of this. I normally get 5800 per semester. I used the calculator and at 12 credits I Believe it will be roughly 6000 dollars. SO does that mean out of pocket I will be under 1000? assuming i am eligible for a Pel grant?

Is it also true that Charter Oaks requirement is only 30 credits for upper level? Does that mean once I hit that requirement I can fill the rest of my credit obligation with free FEMA?

By January I am thinking I should have all my lower level requirements. I just need to pick the major I want to aim for.

Basically I am wondering if it is worth while to enroll into Charter Oaks or wait until I have more credits. I have the opportunity to take advantage of the Pel Grant and I am wondering what your opinions are on the matter.
last year it was 30 UL with 15 in your concentration. Put your credits into a degree plan and see if you meet all the requirements (gen ed, major, upper level). COSC has some semester fees, so I would wait until you only have a couple of semesters left to enroll to save on those costs.

COSC only requires two classes be taken there for residency: Cornerstone and Capstone.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

yb1 Wrote:Charter Oak- so this may sound like a stupid question.

But my understanding with Charter Oak is that I need to do certain courses through them but that they accept a lot of free credits such as FEMA.

Right now I only have 45 credits. I will probably be able to have over 60 by the time January hits. This is not including any free credits from FEMA.

At this point. I think I need to start focusing on upper level credits. If I enroll to Charter Oaks and sign up for a four upper level courses that will help me get to my end goal. Will the Pel Grant pay for all of this. I normally get 5800 per semester. I used the calculator and at 12 credits I Believe it will be roughly 6000 dollars. SO does that mean out of pocket I will be under 1000? assuming i am eligible for a Pel grant?

Is it also true that Charter Oaks requirement is only 30 credits for upper level? Does that mean once I hit that requirement I can fill the rest of my credit obligation with free FEMA?

By January I am thinking I should have all my lower level requirements. I just need to pick the major I want to aim for.

Basically I am wondering if it is worth while to enroll into Charter Oaks or wait until I have more credits. I have the opportunity to take advantage of the Pel Grant and I am wondering what your opinions are on the matter.

I would definitely say to wait to enroll until you have some more credits. I didn't get enrolled until I had 84 credits, so almost double of what you have. Then I'm having to pay for this fall semester, the spring semester, and the summer semester. So you're going to be paying a $257 student services fee each semester and then a $52 technology fee each semester. Also, tuition is $363 per credit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,390 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,084 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,218 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,671 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,045 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,814 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,618 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,717 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 1,956 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin