Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap Degree Advice
Hi, i'll have about 70 course credits from sophia learning and i'm looking for a cheap associate degree for an international student. Could you help me? It doesn't matter it comes from a community college or an university but it has to be an accredited institution.
Happy new year!
The cheapest for an international student would be COSC but that's still not super cheap. I believe you'd need at least 12 RA credits in addition to the Sophia credits you already have. 13 RA credits (COSC requires science-with-a-lab) from somewhere like TEL Learning ($867) + approximately $2200 COSC fees = about $3100 total for an Associate's degree. It's not that much more to get a Bachelor's degree from them.

American citizens who just happen to be living abroad could, with a bit of effort, get the free Pierpont degree. That also requires at least 12 RA credits but there are no administrative fees from the college itself.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
University of the People would, I think, be:

$60 application
$255 to transfer 15 courses
$600 to complete 5 courses at UotP, over 3 or 4 terms, so less than one year.
= $915
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
Careful with University of the People, though. Some countries don't care whether a degree is NA or RA as long as the American university is properly accredited at all. Others will not accept a degree from a NA institution.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Mr Potato Head, I'm thinking you should continue with your current school.  They offer associates, if you have 60 credits in undergrad already, you can technically get two from them, an Associates in Computer Science and another in a slightly different field (data analytics/IT) or a completely different field.  As the associates is just the beginning of your journey, it won't really matter who you go with.

I also suggest staying with them until you finish the Bachelors as well... you can then go for the Masters you were talking about in a previous thread, just keep putting effort in getting your classes completed.  Your first degree thread, short answer, don't worry about the school, the one you're attending is WGU's top competition: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-like-CUNY

You also have another thread in regards to ACE & getting into a Masters, I'm just going to add a few points here, Merlin has graciously answered you already (his answers are so thorough, mine is more direct and to the point).  In short, there are several people here with a COSC/EC/TESU who have gone to the Big Leagues (top 30 US ranked schools, Law or Medical school, etc), the main thing is, you need to make sure your GPA, prerequisites, and other requirements are met: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...er-Degrees
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • jch
(12-24-2020, 12:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Mr Potato Head, I'm thinking you should continue with your current school.  They offer associates, if you have 60 credits in undergrad already, you can technically get two from them, an Associates in Computer Science and another in a slightly different field (data analytics/IT) or a completely different field.  As the associates is just the beginning of your journey, it won't really matter who you go with.

I also suggest staying with them until you finish the Bachelors as well... you can then go for the Masters you were talking about in a previous thread, just keep putting effort in getting your classes completed.  Your first degree thread, short answer, don't worry about the school, the one you're attending is WGU's top competition: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-like-CUNY

You also have another thread in regards to ACE & getting into a Masters, I'm just going to add a few points here, Merlin has graciously answered you already (his answers are so thorough, mine is more direct and to the point).  In short, there are several people here with a COSC/EC/TESU who have gone to the Big Leagues (top 30 US ranked schools, Law or Medical school, etc), the main thing is, you need to make sure your GPA, prerequisites, and other requirements are met: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...er-Degrees
Hi bjcheung77, thank you for your reply. I won't leave my current bachelor. I just have yearly activation from sophia learning and i'll also complete all the courses from there and just looking for a simple associate degree. It could be a community college it doesn't matter but accreditation is important for me.
I would like to apply for the Pierpoint BOG degree but they don't accept international students.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit sufficiency for Pierpoint BOG Degree w/ AoE in IS DEPY 6 494 03-17-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,729 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Confirm degree completed Carnation 0 478 01-26-2024, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  Degree Approval Timeline for BOG (December Graduation) txc1500 10 1,139 12-13-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: txc1500
  Pierpont --- Associate degree question midnite123 17 1,473 11-28-2023, 01:54 PM
  Pierpont to Charge $130 Fee for BOG Degree MissRN 35 3,514 11-08-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: NapoleonInRags
  How long does a Degree Audit typically take? 00u00u00 12 1,036 10-24-2023, 12:48 PM
  Pierpont degree - Early Childhood basilia 7 499 10-19-2023, 10:48 AM
  Pierpont Degree No Emphasis? mohelena02 4 594 10-18-2023, 08:22 PM
  How do I start getting this degree? LouisDG89 6 727 09-16-2023, 08:07 PM
Last Post: DolceDolce