Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap Online Degree in Human Biology
This degree is designed to meet the prerequisites for various healthcare programs. Tuition is $275 per credit hour. If you're a freshman with a 3.5 GPA, tuition is $150 per credit hour. If you're a transfer student with a 3.5 GPA, tuition is $200 per credit hour.

https://www.logan.edu/academics/bachelor...an-biology
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 2 users Like sanantone's post:
  • harrypotter, Ideas
Good find!

Though just curious, how helpful would this degree be on its own if one didn't pursue a grad program in the medical field afterwards?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(01-26-2019, 12:40 AM)MNomadic Wrote: Good find!

Though just curious, how helpful would this degree be on its own if one didn't pursue a grad program in the medical field afterwards?

You could make $35k working in a lab, or you can get a teacher certification and teach science. If you're not grossed out by dead bodies, you can possibly land a job as an autopsy technician.

I just noticed something. Most of their upper division courses would be lower division courses at just about any other school.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • Ideas
(01-26-2019, 12:35 AM)sanantone Wrote: This degree is designed to meet the prerequisites for various healthcare programs. Tuition is $275 per credit hour. If you're a freshman with a 3.5 GPA, tuition is $150 per credit hour. If you're a transfer student with a 3.5 GPA, tuition is $200 per credit hour.

https://www.logan.edu/academics/bachelor...an-biology

that's an AMAZING find!!!! Wow. For anyone who needs premed/prenursing sciences, that's a steal - and online!

They only allow 20 CLEP/AP/DSST total for your gen eds (no lab sciences, which is to be expected) but for someone with a lot of transfer credit from a college, the degree would be great.
This is one of the most flexible universities I've ever seen. They aren't super flexible on alternative credits, but they make up for it elsewhere.

I did a quick scan of the catalog, and it appears that only AP exams will be awarded chemistry, biology, and physics credits. All the other science tests are electives. For some reason, they require a minimum of a 65 on CLEP exams, and you must complete them before you have 16 college credits.

For the undergraduate degrees, 25% of the credits must be taken at Logan. A maximum of 75% of the non-elective credits can be transferred in.

For the masters programs, only the last 30% of the program (not including electives) has to be completed at Logan. Everything else can be transferred in.

Their chiropractic program is not online, but it's notable that it has no transfer credit limit. Students are only required to complete the last four trimesters at Logan.

The school also appears to accept NA credits because their only accreditation requirement for non-chiropractic courses is that the credits come from a school accredited by an organization recognized by CHEA or the U.S. Department of Education.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Their online doctorate in health professions education also only has a 30% residency requirement.

Their catalog and website say two different things. On the website, it says that no more than 50% of the credits can be transferred in for undergraduate programs, and no more than 30% of the credits can be transferred in for master's degree programs.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
(01-26-2019, 11:45 AM)sanantone Wrote: This is one of the most flexible universities I've ever seen. They aren't super flexible on alternative credits, but they make up for it elsewhere.

I did a quick scan of the catalog, and it appears that only AP exams will be awarded chemistry, biology, and physics credits. All the other science tests are electives. For some reason, they require a minimum of a 65 on CLEP exams, and you must complete them before you have 16 college credits.

For the undergraduate degrees, 25% of the credits must be taken at Logan. A maximum of 75% of the non-elective credits can be transferred in.

For the masters programs, only the last 30% of the program (not including electives) has to be completed at Logan. Everything else can be transferred in.

Their chiropractic program is not online, but it's notable that it has no transfer credit limit. Students are only required to complete the last four trimesters at Logan.

The school also appears to accept NA credits because their only accreditation requirement for non-chiropractic courses is that the credits come from a school accredited by an organization recognized by CHEA or the U.S. Department of Education.

This is really interesting- I'm going to post about this school to my homeschool group. One thing that won't matter much here but would for *some* students who are going into one of the MD/DO/Pharm/etc. programs- is that sometimes the grad school doesn't consider AP as having met the lab prereq EVEN WHEN the undergrad school did. I've read that happening enough that I'd advise no CLEP/AP in the SCIENCES for that degree at all just because you never know.
I like this degree, I can see many teens in my group that could use this. Especially since so many are getting free /cheap dual enrollment where they COULD get their transfer credit.
(01-26-2019, 07:17 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 11:45 AM)sanantone Wrote: This is one of the most flexible universities I've ever seen. They aren't super flexible on alternative credits, but they make up for it elsewhere.

This is really interesting- I'm going to post about this school to my homeschool group.  One thing that won't matter much here but would for *some* students who are going into one of the MD/DO/Pharm/etc. programs- is that sometimes the grad school doesn't consider AP as having met the lab prereq EVEN WHEN the undergrad school did. I've read that happening enough that I'd advise no CLEP/AP in the SCIENCES for that degree at all just because you never know.  
I like this degree, I can see many teens in my group that could use this.  Especially since so many are getting free /cheap dual enrollment where they COULD get their transfer credit.

It appears that they list their lab courses separately, so there could be the possibility that one could test out of the lecture portion and just take the lab. That would be a good question to ask the school. I'm also interested in learning whether they require the purchase of lab kits, make you go to the grocery store and pick plants from your backyard (what I had to do at NMJC), or use virtual labs.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
  • cookderosa
So, the catalog is more accurate than the website. According to a rep I talked to, you can transfer in 75% of the credits. AP exams can count for lab credit. How CLEP exams will be transferred is case-by-case depending on how many transfer credits a student has.

Some of the labs are virtual, and some of them require lab kits. It depends on the instructor.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
  • cookderosa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 257 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,141 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 206 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,451 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 596 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,604 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 348 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,089 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 366 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn