Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest RA or NA bachelor degree options
NationsU is the cheapest one I've ever seen. I think it was around $1500 for a BA

https://nationsu.edu/tuition-policy/

Not 100% sure but it looks like the first 3 years are free. Of course they only offer religious degrees but if you just want a BA, there you go.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(10-10-2020, 09:07 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: NationsU is the cheapest one I've ever seen. I think it was around $1500 for a BA

Not 100% sure but it looks like the first 3 years are free. Of course they only offer religious degrees but if you just want a BA, there you go.

It's $450 per quarter ($1800/year), $25 application fee. Currently, the first quarter (three months) is free. If you can somehow get everything done in 3 months, that's all you pay.

If you are not in one of the top 35 countries (which the US is but China and Mexico are not) then you only pay the application fee even if it takes you longer to get your degree.

Also, I've emailed NationsU to see what their policy is on ACE/NCCRS credits for at least GE requirements since I don't see anything on their site but they do say they accept transfer credits. Sophia for 3 months would be cheaper than 3 months of NationsU. 3 months of Sophia + 6 months of NationsU (with the first 3 months free) would be $712 total if you can get your degree completed in that timeframe.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • StoicJ
There are so many different degrees available for cheap. I can see the utility for the NationsU degree for say, teaching overseas or using it as a "check the box" degree for many many users. In fact, I highly recommend it for individuals from developing nations who just needs that "check the box" as they can use it to ladder into Masters (in arts or something similar) at NA schools. Heck, you can even ladder that into RA schools, such as Walden that accept NA schools...

However, having said that, there are individuals wanting to specialize in something (who are frugal like me, who also want a degree other than Religious Studies). If that's the case, look for other NA or RA providers for a BALS or BSLS with a Concentration in something... unless you're looking for a specific major, check what options are available before jumping in. Some ladder towards other NA/RA providers. Pick your poison (choose the school/program wisely)...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • nomaduser
What are examples from good and cheap bals NA providers? For me is RA not a must. It's just checking the box (and give me a chance to do a master's in my country).
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
(10-11-2020, 06:27 AM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: What are examples from good and cheap bals NA providers? For me is RA not a must. It's just checking the box (and give me a chance to do a master's in my country).

I would double-check that you don't need RA in The Netherlands. From what I can understand of the Anabin system in Germany, they will not even evaluate any US degrees that do not come from RA sources. I understand each country can be different but I would make sure that you don't actually need RA before spending time & money on a NA degree.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Some European Union members (example: Poland) look at whether an institution is listed in the CHEA institutions directory. I've looked at their guide for U.S. degree acceptance. That's the only requirement. In this case, you will have zero problems with getting a U.S. nationally accredited degree accepted. Other EU members (example: Greece) appear to only accept degrees from U.S. regionally accredited institutions. You really need to check the policy in each European country. Here is a helpful link for contacts; https://www.enic-naric.net/higher-educat...ution.aspx
[-] The following 2 users Like openair's post:
  • jazzcat, rachel83az
Hmm not sure anymore and I take a look. Cosc is my target so it doesn't much matter but I was curious about other options.
COMPLETED

Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 

Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
(10-10-2020, 10:50 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 09:07 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: NationsU is the cheapest one I've ever seen. I think it was around $1500 for a BA

It's $450 per quarter ($1800/year), $25 application fee. Currently, the first quarter (three months) is free. If you can somehow get everything done in 3 months, that's all you pay.

If you are not in one of the top 35 countries (which the US is but China and Mexico are not) then you only pay the application fee even if it takes you longer to get your degree.

Also, I've emailed NationsU to see what their policy is on ACE/NCCRS credits for at least GE requirements since I don't see anything on their site but they do say they accept transfer credits. Sophia for 3 months would be cheaper than 3 months of NationsU. 3 months of Sophia + 6 months of NationsU (with the first 3 months free) would be $712 total if you can get your degree completed in that timeframe.

lol yeah it's 3 months not 3 years. I can't read I guess
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

So i dig deeper but only find the term "bachelor" not. Na/Ra. In the next week in contact the company in my country to ask.
COMPLETED

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
I have heard back from NationsU; they only accept transfer credit(s) from another university and not from ACE sources or even CLEP. It's still an inexpensive degree if it works for your needs.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,456 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 771 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,179 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,702 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 356 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 952 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia