Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest UL Science credits?
Anyone have current info on some inexpensive options for Upper Level science types of credits? Which option should we focus on first? My SO wants to start to fill up on some UL Biology/Natural Science/Chemistry types of credits while we figure out what school he should go to. Is the only self-paced option Straighterline and SDC? I just don't know where to start with looking at UL.
The only UL science course I have:

SCI-311: Pathophysiology & Pharmacology - Coopersmith

Even among all of the schools I have that have less expensive and independent study courses, none have any UL sciences.

What is he looking at doing for a major, and which schools is he looking at?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
There's little or no UL Biology that's cheap. Dfrecore knows basically everything available!

One of the cheapest seems to be Logan University: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...an-Biology

That is not self-paced.

Probably the only way to get something cheaper or similar in cost is if you get some kind of military discount, in-state rate, scholarship, etc.

For self-paced, UNE is somewhat reasonable in price considering that there are so few options.

Excelsior has atleast four, but are you looking for any course in particular?
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(08-01-2019, 12:03 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Excelsior has atleast four, but are you looking for any course in particular?

I think "inexpensive" does not apply to EC's actual courses.  I could be biased, but $510/cr is very expensive in my book.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • alab21
Coopersmith has some for only $150 each:

These are listed UL recommended:

Clinical Exercise Physiology I (SCI-303)
Clinical Exercise Physiology II (SCI-304)
Pathophysiology and Pharmacology (SCI-311)

These are also UL recommended despite being 100 numbered:

Essentials of Earth Science (SCI-103)
Introduction to Life Processes (SCI-102)
The Science of Nutrition (SCI-101)

However, because coopersmith doesn't have as strong agreements with the big 3 like study.com, sophia, straigherline, etc. I would email the school and see how they come in before doing the course. My guess is the 3 UL science courses I listed wiht 100 in the title probably won't come in as UL. NCCRS is weird too because sometimes it is Lower Level or Upper Level. And when given the choice, schools would probably give you the LL.
(08-02-2019, 02:10 PM)natshar Wrote: Coopersmith has some for only $150 each:

However, because coopersmith doesn't have as strong agreements with the big 3 like study.com, sophia, straigherline, etc. I would email the school and see how they come in before doing the course. My guess is the 3 UL science courses I listed wiht 100 in the title probably won't come in as UL. NCCRS is weird too because sometimes it is Lower Level or Upper Level. And when given the choice, schools would probably give you the LL.

I would also say that the first 3 are iffy as well - they're UL, but a school may not bring them in as a science course.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • natshar
(08-02-2019, 02:26 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(08-02-2019, 02:10 PM)natshar Wrote: Coopersmith has some for only $150 each:

I would also say that the first 3 are iffy as well - they're UL, but a school may not bring them in as a science course.

Yeah for sure. There aren't really any good definite UL science courses for cheap. I agree these UL Coopersmith may not come in as UL or science.

There aren't really any good 100 level science courses. On another note, Coopersmith has two lab sciences that are only $200 and that is for the full 4 credits and including the lab. Might be a good option for some people I think that is one of the cheapest options for lab science, especially because it is 4 credits not just 1.
(08-02-2019, 02:33 PM)natshar Wrote: dfrecore

Yeah for sure. There aren't really any good definite UL science courses for cheap. I agree these UL Coopersmith may not come in as UL or science.

There aren't really any good 100 level science courses. On another note, Coopersmith has two lab sciences that are only $200 and that is for the full 4 credits and including the lab. Might be a good option for some people I think that is one of the cheapest options for lab science, especially because it is 4 credits not just 1.

I think (but am not 100% sure) that you have to pay extra for the labs.  It's hard to tell from the website how you would take the labs.
(08-02-2019, 03:36 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(08-02-2019, 02:33 PM)natshar Wrote: dfrecore

I think (but am not 100% sure) that you have to pay extra for the labs.  It's hard to tell from the website how you would take the labs.

Maybe from the website it says:

"DESCRIPTION
This is for SCI-201 (Anatomy & Physiology) or SCI-104 (Environmental Science). Each course is 4 credits, including the lab component. Please specify in the order which one you'd like to order.
$200.00"

Most Coopersmith courses are $150.00 not $200.00.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • Randy.Randall16

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 103 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,878 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 412 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 541 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 2,917 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 583 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  ACTFL no longer give ACE credits? Kab 16 1,349 08-10-2023, 04:41 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Can your Sophia credits be rejected when applying for a Master? ausernameisneeded 24 3,887 08-03-2023, 05:37 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Old ACE credits to Credly defscarlett 4 641 07-27-2023, 07:25 PM