Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cheapest grad schools per credit
(03-22-2018, 10:26 PM)bluebooger Wrote: I don't understand 

wouldn't that be double counting the grad credits ? 

if you use them as part of the undergrad degree then they go in as upper level undergrad don't they ? 
how can you use them again as grad credits to be able to teach ?

when you apply for a teaching job aren't they're going to request transcripts from all your schools ? 

it just seems weird

I figure it's like if someone gets a IT certification, and a school gives them undergrad credit for having it. They can still "use" the certification by telling the employer that they have it. It doesn't get used up because they got some undergrad credit for it.

In this case, someone would attend a school like FHSU and get 18 grad credits. Then just because COSC allows them some undergrad credit, it doesn't mean they can't say "I did grad credits at FHSU", because they did those credits and the employer can see the FHSU transcript. 

I'm not saying the grad credits get used again in a second degree.

Maybe a school would notice that some of same credits were used within the undergrad degree. I don't think they would care, but I'm not an expert in this, having never applied to teach.

Personally, getting an adjunct position is not a priority for me anymore. I might try if I get 18 in an area, but I'm not sure I'll have the time.

Liberty University $275/cr if military/veteran.

To fill in more info:

APU is $350 or $325 with military grant

Minot is $295/cr tuition but when you add fees it's $356/cr

Emporia isn't that cheap. $343.25/cr minimum tuition. Before fees for certain online courses.

Adams State isn't that cheap. Around $400/cr for the online grad programs.

Amberton is only $265/cr. They announced no increase for 2018/2019.

Missouri State is $285-315/cr for most classes, but more for some IT classes.

Arkansas State University - Probably varies by program. The one I saw was $294/cr.

[-] The following 3 users Like Ideas's post:
  • HistoryMaker, leland.kirk, Yenisei
Not to play favorites, but I think Amberton's probably the best/cheapest regionally accredited online graduate school that is NOT competency-based and not just for veterans.

Theirs is $265/credit, and if you do the Professional Development MA, you can VESI 12 of those credits for about $100/credit through Augustana - so overall, you spend less than $8K total on the whole degree. You can finish in as little as 9 months if you take 3 classes a semester - or take just one class a semester (2-3 years).
[-] The following 2 users Like kevinmane's post:
  • High_Order1, sarg123
Harvard University (Extension) is still the best deal going right now. This isn't an "always" price, it's a grant-funded special price for these specific courses. A handful of us from here are already registered. ENG prefix 4 credits $200, no books. You could also take these for undergrad credit if you needed ENG credit, however, I think grad credit would bump these to UL undergrad at TESU. For those with existing master's, this is *almost* a full teaching bundle for $800.

For a limited time, Poetry in America has partnered with Harvard Extension to offer a special low rate of $200 per course at any credit level.

Summer 2018 (intensive 7 week semester):
Poetry in America for Teachers: The City from Whitman to Hip Hop – $200

Fall 2018 (14 week semester- Registration begins July 2018):
Poetry in America: From the Mayflower through Emerson – $200
Poetry in America: Whitman and Dickinson – $200

Spring 2019 (14 week semester- Registration begins November 2018):
Poetry in America: From the Civil War Through Modernism – $200

EDIT to ADD: Here's the link. Also, for summer, you have to be an adult learner. For fall/spring you can be any age. http://www.dce.harvard.edu/
(04-26-2018, 07:32 AM)cookderosa Wrote: Harvard University (Extension) is still the best deal going right now.  This isn't an "always" price, it's a grant-funded special price for these specific courses.  A handful of us from here are already registered.  ENG prefix 4 credits $200, no books.  You could also take these for undergrad credit if you needed ENG credit, however, I think grad credit would bump these to UL undergrad at TESU.  For those with existing master's, this is *almost* a full teaching bundle for $800.  

For a limited time, Poetry in America has partnered with Harvard Extension to offer a special low rate of $200 per course at any credit level.

Summer 2018 (intensive 7 week semester):

Fall 2018 (14 week semester- Registration begins July 2018):
Poetry in America: From the Mayflower through Emerson – $200
Poetry in America: Whitman and Dickinson – $200

Spring 2019 (14 week semester- Registration begins November 2018):
Poetry in America: From the Civil War Through Modernism – $200

EDIT to ADD:  Here's the link.  Also, for summer, you have to be an adult learner. For fall/spring you can be any age.  http://www.dce.harvard.edu/

If you wanted to do these at TESU, I would check to make sure that they all came in as ENG - it would suck if you expected that, and they ended up coming in as EDU courses (the ones that say "for Teachers" in the title).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I didn't realize that the spring 2019 $200 class had been confirmed, but it is on the Poetry in America page:

http://www.poetryinamerica.org/programs/...or-credit/

Also, they list another class in production:

http://www.poetryinamerica.org/programs/...eachers-2/

If this one is like the rest, it would be possible to get to 18 credits all from Harvard University for cheap.
(04-26-2018, 03:50 PM)eriehiker Wrote: I didn't realize that the spring 2019 $200 class had been confirmed, but it is on the Poetry in America page:

http://www.poetryinamerica.org/programs/...or-credit/

Also, they list another class in production:

http://www.poetryinamerica.org/programs/...eachers-2/

If this one is like the rest, it would be possible to get to 18 credits all from Harvard University for cheap.

It was JUST posted, maybe this week or last. They absolutely can be used for an English degree at HES since they are all taught by an Harvard English Professor (degree requirement)... just sayin... not that I've worked a rough draft of a degree plan or anything....
BTW, the professor for this class is married to the former Treasury Secretary and former Harvard College President Laurence Summers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/11/fashi...mmers.html
(04-26-2018, 09:45 PM)eriehiker Wrote: BTW, the professor for this class is married to the former Treasury Secretary and former Harvard College President Laurence Summers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/11/fashi...mmers.html

Fun Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,619 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Discerning dubious from legit foreign schools rachel83az 19 4,659 03-14-2024, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Ebbwvale
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 550 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 65 15,184 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 26 4,019 02-18-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: ITdegree
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,615 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 649 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
Thumbs Up Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree shoron 47 6,542 01-15-2024, 11:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 50 8,283 12-25-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  European Grad Studies Abroad: Cost of Living vs Low Tuition Fees bjcheung77 7 1,409 12-23-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: nykorn