Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest online masters degree under 12 months
I graduated a while ago with a bachelors in computer engineering. I need a masters degree as i intend to immigrate to canada. A masters degree would give me more points and increase my chances of selection. I applied to neapolis university and got in but i lost my job and i cannot afford the tuition. I need a masters degree option that i can complete in under 12 months which will also be recognized in canada.
You can try WGU with a Master's in IT. And complete it within the 6 month time. And save a lot of money. It's about 4k. (If completed in 6 months.)
https://www.wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/ma...grams.html

Otherwise I wouldn't know.
I think its very small chance someone from USA is planning to immigrate to Canada. I assume the person is outside US. Thus WGU is not an option. U can check NAU competency-based Masters
https://nau.edu/online/master-computer-i...nology-pl/
sdmj33, you're from Cyprus? You might want to take a look at this thread, particularly my last post here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid317837
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-10-2020, 08:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: sdmj33, you're from Cyprus?  You might want to take a look at this thread, particularly my last post here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid317837
I am from India

(09-10-2020, 08:26 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: I think its very small chance someone from USA is planning to immigrate to Canada. I assume the person is outside US. Thus WGU is not an option. U can check NAU  competency-based Masters

Thank you. One thing is really confusing me. Is the total cost of the entire program $900?

Edit: okay, never mind it costs $3000, i had to look into it a bit more. Thanks again. This option really suits me and i will be applying to NAU. I just hope the degree is considered an equivalent of a canadian masters.
Worst comes to worse, you could always roll the dice and try ENEB. But there is no guarantee that they'll take it as a masters and not as a second bachelors.
As i understood from other thread. ENEB will not be even considered for evaluation by WES Canada and other evaluation agencies since its not state recognized degree.

(09-10-2020, 09:20 PM)Sdmj33 Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 08:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: sdmj33, you're from Cyprus?  You might want to take a look at this thread, particularly my last post here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid317837
I am from India

(09-10-2020, 08:26 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: I think its very small chance someone from USA is planning to immigrate to Canada. I assume the person is outside US. Thus WGU is not an option. U can check NAU  competency-based Masters

Thank you. One thing is really confusing me. Is the total cost of the entire program $900?

Edit: okay, never mind it costs $3000, i had to look into it a bit more. Thanks again. This option really suits me and i will be applying to NAU. I just hope the degree is considered an equivalent of a canadian masters.
NAU is regionally accredited University in USA. If it is not considered equivalent for Canadian Masters i cant imagine what will
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cofffeee's post:
  • ss20ts
Ah, that sucks then. It's too bad things have to be so difficult for those wanting to immigrate.
I wanted to use ENEB for Canada too. But it looks like they will not consider it at all. So i have to find other option. Only problem is - financing , as for many of us here.....
(09-11-2020, 02:02 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: As i understood from other thread. ENEB will not be even considered for evaluation by WES Canada and other evaluation agencies since its not state recognized degree.

Jury's out on other evaluation agencies, but iirc Canadian immigration wants WES.
The only utility ENEB might have is if OP can finish it before the end of 2020 and use it for entry into a non North American Master's program (you never know, some places are very open to accepting foreign credits, like plenty of places in Europe plus Russia, Australia, most of Central & South America, etc), but it's a gamble because...well to be frank, I haven't found a cheap DL degree that can be done in 12 months or less in Europe.
@OP, you can look at Walden or NAU, those are the ones that are probably best suited for what you're looking at, not sure which is cheaper. If you really want to prioritize cheap and are okay rolling the dice on an NA program in the US, you can look at Ashworth College -- $2500 per term and self-paced.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 7 594 7 hours ago
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  LLB degree for Australia Atoshi 7 379 04-13-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  best MBA/Masters in Finance programs after UMPI? CFPhopeful 7 428 04-07-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mjake260
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 27 17,228 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: David1477
  New Zealand Online Degrees doyouhowdo1 1 320 03-31-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 588 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 471 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,786 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 348 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem