Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chemistry with Lab SDC
Has anyone taken the Chemistry with Lab at SDC and transferred it to UMPI

If so 
1) how did it transfer in 
2) what was the difficulty level
3) will it work for GEC requirement 3E? or do I have to take the Biology with Lab

Learning Objectives E

Students will perform scientific inquiry including aspects of the scientific method, such as observation, hypothesis, experiment, evaluation, and communication.
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Yes, it should work for the lab requirement. I think if you don't take Bio 101L @ SDC and instead take Chem, then you must do Human Biology @ Sophia instead.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-24-2022, 11:48 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Yes, it should work for the lab requirement. I think if you don't take Bio 101L @ SDC and instead take Chem, then you must do Human Biology @ Sophia instead.

Yes to all of this. Also make sure it's Chemistry 111L not 101 or 112L.
(01-24-2022, 11:52 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 11:48 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Yes, it should work for the lab requirement. I think if you don't take Bio 101L @ SDC and instead take Chem, then you must do Human Biology @ Sophia instead.

Ok I did not take Human Biology at Sophia but I did take Environmental Science. I believe that that class will apply to the GEC requirements. If not I still have my membership and can take Human Bio. Please let me know!
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
You need a biology.
You need a lab science.
You need an earth/physical science.

If you take BIO 101L, that takes care of the first two. Then you need Environmental Science.
If you take Chemistry, that takes care of the last two. Then you need Human Biology.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
You'll need Human Biology for 3C. Environmental Science is for 3D. If you take Bio with the lab on Study.com it will fill 3C and 3E. Chem with lab will not fill 3C. It will fill 3D which you already have completed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • acethroughcollege
(01-24-2022, 12:45 PM)acethroughcollege Wrote:

Ok I did not take Human Biology at Sophia but I did take Environmental Science. I believe that that class will apply to the GEC requirements. If not I still have my membership and can take Human Bio. Please let me know!

You need a lab science, whether it's for the Bio science or the Physical science.  Environmental Science is a Physical Science, so you really should take the Bio w/Lab instead of Chem w/lab.  If you take Chem with Lab, you'll get the lab credit but still need a bio science.

If you want to take the Human bio course since you still have time, that's not a terrible idea.  But it won't fix your problem.  It will just open up your option for the lab science (you'll have a Bio and a Physical both done); so you'll be able to take either lab science at SDC.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thumbs Up 
(01-24-2022, 12:56 PM)rachel83az Wrote: You need a biology.
You need a lab science.
You need an earth/physical science.

If you take BIO 101L, that takes care of the first two. Then you need Environmental Science.
If you take Chemistry, that takes care of the last two. Then you need Human Biology.

oh ok I understand now. I think Ill just take Bio101L then.

(01-24-2022, 12:59 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 12:45 PM)acethroughcollege Wrote:

You need a lab science, whether it's for the Bio science or the Physical science.  Environmental Science is a Physical Science, so you really should take the Bio w/Lab instead of Chem w/lab.  If you take Chem with Lab, you'll get the lab credit but still need a bio science.

If you want to take the Human bio course since you still have time, that's not a terrible idea.  But it won't fix your problem.  It will just open up your option for the lab science (you'll have a Bio and a Physical both done); so you'll be able to take either lab science at SDC.

To keep things simple, UMPI requires 3 science courses, one of them needs to have a lab component.
The easiest would be these.

Sophia.org Biology
Sophia.org Environmental Science
Study.com Biology with lab, or Chemistry I with lab

Has anyone confirmed that the Intro to Meteorology course from Study.com equates to a Lab science yet?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-24-2022, 07:10 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: To keep things simple, UMPI requires 3 science courses, one of them needs to have a lab component.
The easiest would be these.

Sophia.org Biology
Sophia.org Environmental Science
Study.com Biology with lab, or Chemistry I with lab

Has anyone confirmed that the Intro to Meteorology course from Study.com equates to a Lab science yet?

They require 2 sciences (Bio and Physical) and one has to have a lab.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia Chemistry with Lab joshua27 12 1,320 02-06-2023, 12:15 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia Chemistry Lab and Chemistry 1 info BigJohn1975 7 1,831 01-11-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: sksandorff90
  Chemistry CLEP and GEC lab requirement? terribleperson 12 1,306 06-24-2022, 06:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77