Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chicken Fingers: Who Ripped Off Who?
First, I applaud Sanantone for this type of research. I too enjoy this kind of rabbit hole to follow.

I've actually been to the KFC museum...

I live in Tennessee. What is raisin canes?

Zaxbys offers a great product line. Then they get franchisees that make more money from hiring the unemployable... or something. They clearly don't like money, because they won't hire people who will cook consistently, or QA their products.

I've never considered where the best chicken strips have come from; that's kinda my wife's thing. I will ask next time I see her.

Finally, I'm shocked Sanantone and I agree on something!!! I LOVE five guys, but their patties are bland.

(Since becoming fat and diabetic, I don't get to eat out a great deal, and when I do, salads often loom on the horizon rather than things from the deep fryer. How I miss fried foods...)
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

(07-12-2018, 01:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Texans and Californians are always fighting over Whataburger and In-N-Out. They're both overrated, in my opinion.  :D

I much prefer Five Guys, but they would be better if they seasoned their patties.

There is nothing better than stuffing Five Guys in your mouth...
Surely Guthrie's ripped off someone. A small time restaurant?

(07-12-2018, 01:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Funny post.

Just an FYI, I'm from CA, and have never heard of any of these places.

----------------------------

I lied!  We went to a nearby town to see a movie a few weeks ago (the fancy theater with the reclining seats), and they were either building or renovating an older building in a strip mall, and a Raising Cane's was going in.  I remember thinking, "what the heck is Raising Cane's?"

Went to Raising Cane's, was NOT impressed.  First, Texas Toast with already breaded chicken?  Why.  Second, what's with them being stingy with their stupid sauce?  I can't have 2, 1 with my fries?  Really?

I don't get it at all.  We won't be going back.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • sanantone
(02-18-2019, 04:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

----------------------------

I lied!  We went to a nearby town to see a movie a few weeks ago (the fancy theater with the reclining seats), and they were either building or renovating an older building in a strip mall, and a Raising Cane's was going in.  I remember thinking, "what the heck is Raising Cane's?"

Went to Raising Cane's, was NOT impressed.  First, Texas Toast with already breaded chicken?  Why.  Second, what's with them being stingy with their stupid sauce?  I can't have 2, 1 with my fries?  Really?

I don't get it at all.  We won't be going back.

They'll only give you two if you get the 6-piece meal, but that's too much chicken for the average person.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(07-13-2018, 08:04 AM)sanantone Wrote: I think I made a grammatical error in my title. It should probably be "Who Ripped off Whom."

(07-13-2018, 01:17 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 01:17 PM)sanantone Wrote:

I think Zaxby's and Raising Cane's are mostly spreading in the South right now. They'll eventually get to you, but you aren't missing anything other than the sauce. They aren't on Chick-fil-a's level.

(07-12-2018, 01:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I lied!  We went to a nearby town to see a movie a few weeks ago (the fancy theater with the reclining seats), and they were either building or renovating an older building in a strip mall, and a Raising Cane's was going in.  I remember thinking, "what the heck is Raising Cane's?"

Raising Cane's only started invading Texas a few years ago along with In-N-Out.

HEY!  Do NOT say anything bad about In-N-Out!!!  Them's fightin' words!

Texans and Californians are always fighting over Whataburger and In-N-Out. They're both overrated, in my opinion.  Big Grin

I much prefer Five Guys, but they would be better if they seasoned their patties.
[Image: image.jpg?w=847&c=1]
TESU BA in Criminal Justice, 2018
TRCC Emergency Management Certificate, 2018
[-] The following 1 user Likes Joeman200's post:
  • Sapientes
(07-13-2018, 08:04 AM)sanantone Wrote: Texans and Californians are always fighting over Whataburger and In-N-Out. They're both overrated, in my opinion.  Big Grin

I live in SoCal and I have to agree about In-N-Out. Don't get me wrong, I like the place, but good burgers can be found anywhere. When people visit they always want to go there, but I would rather take them to Wahoo's Fish Tacos*, or for local Mexican food.

*Never Rubio's, they've really gone downhill.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-19-2019, 05:38 PM)davewill Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 08:04 AM)sanantone Wrote: Texans and Californians are always fighting over Whataburger and In-N-Out. They're both overrated, in my opinion.  Big Grin

I live in SoCal and I have to agree about In-N-Out. Don't get me wrong, I like the place, but good burgers can be found anywhere. When people visit they always want to go there, but I would rather take them to Wahoo's Fish Tacos*, or for local Mexican food.

*Never Rubio's, they've really gone downhill.

Fish tacos are one of the biggest things I miss from when I lived in Monterey.  I don't recall the name of the restaurant, it was just a small hole-in-the-wall place and I think I was the only gringo that actually went there.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(02-19-2019, 03:45 PM)Joeman200 Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 08:04 AM)sanantone Wrote: I think I made a grammatical error in my title. It should probably be "Who Ripped off Whom."

(07-13-2018, 01:17 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 01:17 PM)sanantone Wrote:

I think Zaxby's and Raising Cane's are mostly spreading in the South right now. They'll eventually get to you, but you aren't missing anything other than the sauce. They aren't on Chick-fil-a's level.

(07-12-2018, 01:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I lied!  We went to a nearby town to see a movie a few weeks ago (the fancy theater with the reclining seats), and they were either building or renovating an older building in a strip mall, and a Raising Cane's was going in.  I remember thinking, "what the heck is Raising Cane's?"

Raising Cane's only started invading Texas a few years ago along with In-N-Out.

HEY!  Do NOT say anything bad about In-N-Out!!!  Them's fightin' words!

Texans and Californians are always fighting over Whataburger and In-N-Out. They're both overrated, in my opinion.  Big Grin

[Image: image.jpg?w=847&c=1]

In-N-Out has some of the worst fries I've ever tried, and the food gets cold two seconds after you get it. I've tried folding the bag extra tight to keep the heat in, but nothing helps. Their burgers are better than Whataburger's, but that's not saying much because Whataburger's burgers are nasty. Whataburger's fries are good, and their new chicken sandwiches are good, so I'll say that Whataburger has the edge now. Plus, they gave me a 50% discount whenever I was in uniform.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P