Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City University of Seattle AS in general studies!
So in my everlasting search to find new and better ways to rack up points on my Navy advancement, I discovered Associate of Science in General Studies from City U.

AS in General Studies | College Degree

This is a 90 Credit required degree but luckily military personnel can transfer 85 of those in and only need to complete the capstone course!
And that also means that your Capstone course is your residency requirement.

I had an unofficial evaluation done with them and am happy to say that they took my ACE credits from ALEKS to fill the math requirements and my military credits seemed to fill the rest.
Also after e-mailing them some questions, I was told that they do accept NCCRS credits.

The school is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.

Edit:
http://www.straighterline.com/colleges/c...uivalency/
they are also partnered with SL, decided to include course equivelicy page for them.
Great find and thanks for posting!:hurray:

CityU’s reduced military undergraduate tuition rate is $166 per credit and reduced military graduate tuition rate is $306 per credit.

*This reduced rate does not apply to the doctoral program. Visit the tuition page to view a full list of rates.

The following groups may qualify for the military tuition rate:
•All U.S. Military branches who are Active Duty Military, Guard and Active Reserve members, retired military
•Current spouse or dependent of anyone listed above
•Department of Defense employees
•Canada military members who are Active Duty
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

City University of Seattle, also known as CityU, is a private not-for-profit institution of higher learning based in Seattle, Washington. In 2008-09, CityU enrolled 7,639 students worldwide. The university consists of the School of Management, Albright School of Education, the Division of Arts/Sciences and Management Institute. CityU of Seattle offers campus education around the world and online education.

Transfer credits: Students with prior college credits or formal non-collegiate training can transfer up to 65 lower-division credits.
•Military students: Students in the military can transfer up to 85 credits and use military education and training credits to pay for school.
•Customizable: Students can assemble their own interdisciplinary academic program.

Associate of Science in General Studies
DELIVERY MODE: Online
REQUIRED CREDITS: 90
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Did you ever enroll into City University of Seattle, also known as CityU AS degree?

morig Wrote:So in my everlasting search to find new and better ways to rack up points on my Navy advancement, I discovered Associate of Science in General Studies from City U.

AS in General Studies | College Degree

This is a 90 Credit required degree but luckily military personnel can transfer 85 of those in and only need to complete the capstone course!
And that also means that your Capstone course is your residency requirement.

I had an unofficial evaluation done with them and am happy to say that they took my ACE credits from ALEKS to fill the math requirements and my military credits seemed to fill the rest.
Also after e-mailing them some questions, I was told that they do accept NCCRS credits.

The school is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.

Edit:
City University of Seattle Course Equivalency Guide | StraighterLine
they are also partnered with SL, decided to include course equivelicy page for them.

No I have not.
I started looking around more and decided to go ahead and work on completing a BSBA from tesc since it will allow me to test out of lots.
I may go back and complete the degree from City U for fun if i have the time.
That is also where I am in life also.cheersmate
morig Wrote:No I have not..
I may go back and complete the degree from City U for fun if i have the time.

I got my AS general studies from City U in 2011! It was great they took all my ace credits and I only had to take like 5 classes. I then went to GCU they took my whole degree so I had no repeat courses... I took maybe 11 classes at GCU and received my BS
Great Job.cheersmate

Who is GCU?

raiderborn Wrote:I got my AS general studies from City U in 2011! It was great they took all my ace credits and I only had to take like 5 classes. I then went to GCU they took my whole degree so I had no repeat courses... I took maybe 11 classes at GCU and received my BS

Life Long Learning Wrote:Great Job.cheersmate

Who is GCU?

I think it's Grand Canyon University.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'm a little late to the party but I earned my AS from CITYU back in 1990. The evaluation was completed right before I left the military using clep, dsst, and ccaf credits. I received my degree about a month after leaving the service. Glad to see someone else using that great program.

Good luck,
Alram
CLEP
Natural Sciences -Social Sciences -US History I -Intro Psychology -Human Growth and Development -Humanities -A&I Lit -College Math
DSST
Organizational Behavior -Human Resources Management -Ethics in America -Business Ethics and Society -Technical Writing -Substance Abuse
ECE
Organizational Behavior -Human Resources Management -Labor Relations -Psychology of Adulthood and Aging -Abnormal Psychology -Social Psychology -Foundations of Gerontology-Research Methods in Psychology-Contemporary Mathematics
Kaplan
Prior Learning Assessment

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Louisville - Masters (Active Duty) bjcheung77 0 630 06-16-2023, 12:00 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  National University Alpha 0 1,385 04-29-2021, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Digital University Alpha 0 1,013 03-22-2021, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Norwich University for EOD and Navy Divers ROYISAGIRL 0 1,016 03-02-2021, 09:01 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Indiana Wesleyan University ROYISAGIRL 0 1,321 08-22-2020, 04:30 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Temporary GRE General Test Option ROYISAGIRL 3 1,326 04-14-2020, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Clepper43
  Anyone do the Naval War College MA in Security Studies? johnw 0 2,291 01-24-2018, 11:03 PM
Last Post: johnw
  Bellevue University? riderofdirt 4 3,588 11-20-2017, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Commencement speech at the University of Texas is the best one of all time! Life Long Learning 1 1,969 06-28-2017, 12:50 AM
Last Post: originalamyj
  Liberty University: Using Military and Emergency Personnel Discount sanantone 3 2,806 04-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Last Post: icampy