Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claremont Lincoln University Accredited Master Programs 15k
In a sea of similar online MBA,MS & MA programs, it was cool to come across a pretty affordable offering of some unique MA
degrees at Claremont Lincoln University.

Ethical Leadership

Interfaith Action

Social Impact

Each master program consists of 10 courses ($500 per unit). 4 of the 6 are the same in each degree and they are part of what CLU calls their Claremont Core[URL="https://www.claremontlincoln.edu/programs/claremont-core/"]Â: [/URL][URL="https://www.claremontlincoln.edu/programs/claremont-core/"]Mindfulness, Dialogue, Collaboration, Change.
[/URL]
Based on what I have been able to read so far, the school is making some nice efforts to bring a significant value to the Southern California communities with water, food & youth education projects.

My wife told me last night "Here we go, I can see your wheels turning for another adventure'! I told her I was just reading about them an hour+ for 'fun' Wink
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
This is in my neck of the woods. I know two professors teaching in the program and they're great people. The school just recently receieved accreditation, they seem like great programs.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Growing up in Pomona I spent a tone of time in Claremont & it's cool to see the historic colleges still doing well and new ones (CLU 2011) starting up with a value purpose. Glad to hear the cosign on the professors. Reading through the faculty shows they all had some nice & interesting backgrounds.

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Claremont Lincoln University has a few new MA programs.

Master of Arts in Civic Leadership

Master of Arts in Healthcare Leadership

Master of Arts in Human Resource Leadership

If you are not a fan of 'Leadership'  in a program, please continue on with your day Wink For those open to a unique MA for 15k, that is made up of 10 courses, definitely, check into CLU. 

I still have the interest to do their Masters of Arts in Social Impact or at least The Claremont Core courses.

(08-22-2017, 10:21 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: Claremont Lincoln University has a few new MA programs.

Master of Arts in Civic Leadership

Master of Arts in Healthcare Leadership

Master of Arts in Human Resource Leadership

If you are not a fan of 'Leadership'  in a program, please continue on with your day Wink For those open to a unique MA for 15k, that is made up of 10 courses, definitely, check into CLU. 

I still have the interest to do their Masters of Arts in Social Impact or at least The Claremont Core courses.

Instead of MA in Social Impact I would recommend to you to check out Arkansas State University MPA program. The MPA can be completed for around $10,000 and they now have a non-profit mgmt emphasis that is essentially would give all the MA in in Social Impact and more if getting involved in nonprofit work is your passion. 15K is nothing to sneeze at but perhaps you have funding at work or military. Looks like a cool program so do you.
(09-11-2017, 10:06 PM)cardiacclep Wrote: Instead of MA in Social Impact I would recommend to you to check out Arkansas State University MPA program. The MPA can be completed for around $10,000 and they now have a non-profit mgmt emphasis that is essentially would give all the MA in in Social Impact and more if getting involved in nonprofit work is your passion. 15K is nothing to sneeze at but perhaps you have funding at work or military. Looks like a cool program so do you.

Thank you and thanks for the suggestion - I will definitely take some time to review the program. 15k to you is as it is to me and I agree that it should be given to a worthy cause. Even though I own a business, I contemplated the idea of working some night shift or super early 4-hour shift to gain access to a tuition reimbursement program but I am pretty spoiled to not have had a boss for some time and think it would be tough. However, having someone support my school projects would allow me to explore a lot more of these great programs out there Smile

Next chapter of my life's passion is focused on establishing a non-profit with a core focus on inner-city youth development through mentorship. I have been very fortunate to have had mentors throughout my career and have always carried the weight of one day circling back to provide similar value to as many kids as possible.

(09-12-2017, 12:58 AM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 10:06 PM)cardiacclep Wrote: Instead of MA in Social Impact I would recommend to you to check out Arkansas State University MPA program. The MPA can be completed for around $10,000 and they now have a non-profit mgmt emphasis that is essentially would give all the MA in in Social Impact and more if getting involved in nonprofit work is your passion. 15K is nothing to sneeze at but perhaps you have funding at work or military. Looks like a cool program so do you.

Thank you and thanks for the suggestion - I will definitely take some time to review the program. 15k to you is as it is to me and I agree that it should be given to a worthy cause. Even though I own a business, I contemplated the idea of working some night shift or super early 4-hour shift to gain access to a tuition reimbursement program but I am pretty spoiled to not have had a boss for some time and think it would be tough. However, having someone support my school projects would allow me to explore a lot more of these great programs out there Smile

Next chapter of my life's passion is focused on establishing a non-profit with a core focus on inner-city youth development through mentorship. I have been very fortunate to have had mentors throughout my career and have always carried the weight of one day circling back to provide similar value to as many kids as possible.

With that said, the MPA program might give you the skills you want and cheaper. There is grant writing, fundraising and nonprofit marketing classes. Seems perfect for your goals and it is a reputable state college not just online only. 7 week courses make it a decent pace as well as 5K cheaper than your school. I am just cost conscious for schools particularly if there is not a guarantee job lined up like a nurse practitioner masters or similar.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cardiacclep's post:
  • RANSOMSOUL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,757 551,660 1 minute ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 113 16,682 14 minutes ago
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 32 18,543 32 minutes ago
  American College of Education - Master's ashkir 0 31 1 hour ago
Last Post: ashkir
  Master degrees hicham78h 1 274 04-23-2024, 02:11 AM
  New Data Analytics Programs ss20ts 12 638 04-19-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 310 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 765 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,991 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,216 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter