Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class equivalents on SDC or Sophia?
Hi  everyone, 

As an update, I decided to enroll at SNHU and I got my degree requirements from them.. seems I'm still waiting on a few credits to be evaluated, but I think all the courses I took at Sophia and SDC have transferred in. They are saying I should start with these classes, but I'd like to know if there's an equivalent on SDC or Sophia because that's cheaper and faster. Though I've heard English comp 2 takes a while on Sophia and the first one was a lot of writing, so do you guys think it would be better to take the course on SNHU? 

COURSE ID NAME:
ENG-123English Composition II 
SCS-200Applied Social Sciences
PSY-211Lifespan Development
HIS-200Applied History     (I took US history 2 on Sophia already)

Thank you for your guidance on this journey to getting my BA in Psychology.
For English Comp II, you might want to see if SNHU will accept the TECEP (they should). That'd be much faster and easier than Sophia and cheaper than SNHU. English Comp II is a lot more writing on Sophia than English Comp I. The English Comp II TECEP is an exam where you essentially just write a single essay and a few paragraphs (or something like that) and you're done.

Unfortunately, unlike any of the Big 3, SNHU doesn't have an equivalency page on SDC. They do have a Sophia page but nothing matches what's on your list, with the exception of English Comp II: https://snhu.sophia.org/#courses
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I was just perusing SNHU's website and these are the only ACE/NCCRS places they accept.

https://www.snhu.edu/admission/transferr...esting-out

I would ask the school if they take SDC courses.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • Tokyokacie
I know they take Study.com courses for sure - but I don't know what they consider "equivalent" so you'd have to work with them on that.

Essentially, you should be able to take 90cr through ACE, and then only the last 30cr at SNHU. That being said, they aren't great about being up front with what will work in the different areas, so you'd have to get that pre-approved.

I personally would only go somewhere where I'd bring in 90cr and take 30 in my major there. I don't want to be taking ANY GE's or Free Electives at an expensive (even if only relatively) school. It's much faster and cheaper to do ACE first and SNHU at the end.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Tokyokacie
(03-13-2021, 02:27 AM)rachel83az Wrote: For English Comp II, you might want to see if SNHU will accept the TECEP (they should). That'd be much faster and easier than Sophia and cheaper than SNHU. English Comp II is a lot more writing on Sophia than English Comp I. The English Comp II TECEP is an exam where you essentially just write a single essay and a few paragraphs (or something like that) and you're done.

Unfortunately, unlike any of the Big 3, SNHU doesn't have an equivalency page on SDC. They do have a Sophia page but nothing matches what's on your list, with the exception of English Comp II: https://snhu.sophia.org/#courses

Thanks, I will take the TECEP for sure then. Yeah, it's a tricky question, since the admissions counselor said they don't know what will transfer... only after I present it for review. ugh

(03-13-2021, 11:23 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I know they take Study.com courses for sure - but I don't know what they consider "equivalent" so you'd have to work with them on that.

Essentially, you should be able to take 90cr through ACE, and then only the last 30cr at SNHU.  That being said, they aren't great about being up front with what will work in the different areas, so you'd have to get that pre-approved.

I personally would only go somewhere where I'd bring in 90cr and take 30 in my major there.  I don't want to be taking ANY GE's or Free Electives at an expensive (even if only relatively) school.  It's much faster and cheaper to do ACE first and SNHU at the end.

Yeah, I have taken quite a few... the SDC credits are taking some time and I don't know why. Sophia was an easy transfer. I have requested SDC send them again. 
The problem I've run into with credits is that I plan on going to grad school for Counseling Psychology, and a lot of schools say they look at your GPA from the last 60 credits of your Undergrad degree, so I wanted to take as many psych courses as I could with SNHU and then gen ed stuff do alternative credits. Also, I need a lot of upper level psych credits and those seem hard to come by. I may do a Coopersmith one and see if it will transfer in though. I'll report back.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Racking up Sophia Credits - What's Next? Ljanelle 5 286 03-17-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  wgu to umpi class equivlancy! bvndz 2 368 07-20-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CJ AS to BA or BS with minimal class time? AnalysisParalysis 30 2,223 06-02-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: AnalysisParalysis
  Meeting Pierpont requirements with Sophia? Insert Name 2 647 02-18-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: Insert Name
  UMPI Your Pace Class Options Help awaters5080 1 726 01-23-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Sophia.org & Study.com Question T.Easy 5 924 10-30-2022, 07:15 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI History Degree- Need Sophia clarity MamaSparkles 8 1,005 07-04-2022, 02:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  which free class for Oakton? Blckbuster 28 2,722 04-13-2022, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Blckbuster
  TESU Professional Business Requirements Study.com/Sophia Equivalent Help Mcflurry 20 1,989 03-23-2022, 03:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia.org Credits Jubilant 6 2,485 02-15-2022, 06:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore