Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class suggestions for Info Lit, Civic Engagement, free electives?
Hi everyone,

I still need to complete these areas for my BA at TESU and welcome suggestions:

1. Information Literacy (I failed CLEP's Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, so I do not want to touch that gross, useless course again.)  Could I do Intro to World Religions on Study.com?

2. Civic Engagement - Study.com's Anthropology 101?

3. Electives - need 8 credits.  Are there any other free electives I could take?  I've already completed Institutes Ethics, TEEX Cyber Security for Everyone and Business Professionals.  So any other free ones are greatly appreciated.  

4. Upper level - need 13 more credits.  BJCheung has been really helpful in this area on my other thread, which I will be referencing as well.   

Thank you for your help!
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
[-] The following 1 user Likes collegechick's post:
  • slmartin
There is a 1 credit free course at Sophia.org.

What subjects do you like / find easiest? Do those Smile

For electives, a CLEP or two through Modern States if you already know any of the topics or like them. Like Sociology or Psychology is fun for many people, and if you do two similar ones there's overlap Smile

[-] The following 2 users Like Ideas's post:
  • collegechick, slmartin
There's another TEEX course (Cyber Security for IT Pros) for 2 credits. Also I think there's a 1 credit course from NFA still available.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 2 users Like quigongene's post:
  • collegechick, slmartin
Hello, you should refer to this list for your requirements: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2...After2.cfm
1) Information Literacy - World Religions from Study.com works fine
2) Civic Engagement - Anthropology doesn't seem to work, I suggest American Government

3) 8 Electives, I know you don't like Saylor, but it's cheap/easy/fast - Environmental Ethics is an easy one
As mentioned by poster above, complete these Freebies: http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/Free_S..._of_Credit
If you require more, you can decide on taking something from Study.com or Shmoop in a subject you like or interests you

Update: **CLEP with Modern States should be your first option for all of these, as you get the voucher free
Just make sure to use additional free resources you can find to try and score a better grade, example, use the AP resources they have as well
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • collegechick, slmartin
(01-26-2018, 02:28 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hello, you should refer to this list for your requirements: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2...After2.cfm
1) Information Literacy - World Religions from Study.com works fine
2) Civic Engagement - Anthropology doesn't seem to work, I suggest American Government

3) 8 Electives, I know you don't like Saylor, but it's cheap/easy/fast - Environmental Ethics is an easy one
As mentioned by poster above, complete these Freebies: http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/Free_S..._of_Credit
If you require more, you can decide on taking something from Study.com or Shmoop in a subject you like or interests you

Update: **CLEP with Modern States should be your first option for all of these, as you get the voucher free
Just make sure to use additional free resources you can find to try and score a better grade, example, use the AP resources they have as well

Thank you for your response.

Are you suggesting American Government through CLEP or Study.com?  Could I use CLEP's Modern States for this category as well? 

I will revisit Saylor.  My problem with it is that I get caught up reviewing everything and it seems to take weeks to get through all the content.  Perhaps I'm worrying too much.

Thank you for the freebies!  Enrolling now!  Smile

Where can I get the voucher for Modern States?  Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it!
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
You should complete American Government at https://modernstates.org/course/
You need to "finish" your studies with them, and then email to get a voucher.
Basically, you pay for it and get a credit back in the mail.... Sadly, I haven't used them.

For your 8 elective credits, if you want, you can take some "Language CLEPS"
especially if you know the language already for easy-peasy credits!
Select from the list of available courses, just make sure it doesn't duplicate one you've done.

Here's the link for who to email when you're done "studying" for that course or set of courses.
I wonder if you can do more than one course at a time, making me want to take more for fun.
Anyways, good luck! Email Whitney for the vouchers https://modernstates.org/freshman-year-free/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • collegechick, slmartin
(01-26-2018, 02:44 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You should complete American Government at https://modernstates.org/course/
You need to "finish" your studies with them, and then email to get a voucher.
Basically, you pay for it and get a credit back in the mail.... Sadly, I haven't used them.

For your 8 elective credits, if you want, you can take some "Language CLEPS"
especially if you know the language already for easy-peasy credits!
Select from the list of available courses, just make sure it doesn't duplicate one you've done.

Here's the link for who to email when you're done "studying" for that course or set of courses.
I wonder if you can do more than one course at a time, making me want to take more for fun.
Anyways, good luck! Email Whitney for the vouchers  https://modernstates.org/freshman-year-free/

Thank you.  It looks like Modern States is a study site?  I've signed up and added American Government to my list of courses, but don't see where I can begin the lessons?

I have basic understanding of Spanish and Italian.  Not sure if it'd be a breeze or not, but I appreciate the suggestion and will research it!  Thank you again for all your help!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 621 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Professional Development Electives Sophia HCSN 5 524 01-09-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: fromthedepths
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 707 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  conflicting info about TADA ending date any4yeardegree 12 916 09-20-2023, 11:36 AM
  Google has released 10 free courses to master AI LevelUP 2 1,046 08-12-2023, 03:41 PM
  ALEKS free for two months (start by April 30, 2020) PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 30 5,381 04-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Study.com Class Expiring smarterby1degree 0 540 02-27-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: smarterby1degree
  Sophia class order faptaincrunch 5 898 01-06-2023, 03:19 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  latest Study.com code for January, 2023 for 1 month free EducationSeeker 3 1,542 01-02-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 712 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI