Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clovis Community College price increase?
I always thought CCU was cheap taking courses from them online. This is my first time doing it, and the price is outrageous? I signed up for two religion courses to complete my 6 credits in humanities requirement.

Fall 2012
Detail Code Description Charge Payment Balance

FINT Internet Fee
$100.00
FTFF Technology & Facility Fee
$60.00
Student Fee
$20.00
TFNR Fall Non Resident Tuition
$534.00
Term Charges:
$714.00
Term Credits and Payments:
$0.00
Term Balance:
$714.00

Could this be right? Or is there a right time? Or credit limit on taking courses via online from CCU before they apply the rate as a out of state student.

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
In my opinion, 119/credit hour including all fees is pretty darn cheap for Regionally Accredited classes. If you go full time it gets even cheaper. Tuition is only about $1100 plus fees (About 200) for up to 18 credit hours. Compare that to most schools where the tuition is 350 per credit hour. For lower division this is a no brainer.
Tuition
It's still cheaper than the $145.25/hr my local CC charges - for state residents to boot!
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
It's a screaming deal! You should check on new Mexico junior college, they may be a little cheaper. But probably not a lot.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Ah I see. Thanks guys just making sure. I for some reason thought the credit would of been more cheaper! Lol. It's still a deal I see...

I'm going to check first my local colleges, if not i'll go ahead and try clovis.

i also found this college that is regionally accredited, I thought it was a degree mill. They offer self pace courses. Tuition - BMA Seminary (903) 586-2501 $120 a credit hour.

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
University of Idaho Independent Study is worth a look too. They are right around $100/credit and self paced. Find a Course-Independent Study in Idaho-University of Idaho Some look rather "light" dare I say....."easy" If you only need 2 courses I think this is easier than the distance CC option.
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Definitely check the local community colleges. IIRC, I paid about $54 per credit hour to attend the Alamo Colleges in-district and I paid $76 per credit hour to attend Central Texas College out-of-district but in-state. I'm thinking about getting a science associates from one of the two since they give 4 credit hours to science CLEPs (no need to take a lab). Central Texas College has a surprisingly liberal credit-by-exam policy. They give 6 credits for the Financial Accounting CLEP.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
When you read about people's comments regarding the cheapness of Clovis, they are talking about this:
Quote:*You can enroll in 13-18 credits for the same cost as 12 credit hours.
Tuition

You aren't taking enough credits to see the real discount.
BrandeX Wrote:When you read about people's comments regarding the cheapness of Clovis, they are talking about this:

Tuition

You aren't taking enough credits to see the real discount.

A couple years ago Clovis had a deal that was essentially buy a class cheap and get the secnd class for free up to 6 hours. That deal is gone, but New Mexico Colleges in general are very affordable. Clovis had a good summer deal going that had the cost per credit under $100.

Your right though....the great deal is tht anything over 12 hours only incurs the fee's...no tuition cost. NMJC edges Clovis out these days both in number of courses offered and cost....but they are both pretty good.
AS in EMS August 2010

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,089 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,348 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,721 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 196 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 307 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 620 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 178 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 197 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  5 institutions paying fine plus how much college costs in every state bjcheung77 1 188 01-25-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: inor