Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cohort mates rants and raves - How's it going?
Hi there! It's been a while, how's your DPA program going?
(01-25-2023, 04:16 PM)ashkir Wrote: Hi there! It's been a while, how's your DPA program going?

I'm currently wrapping up week 14 out of a 16-week series of quant classes. Starting on September 4th, I'll have eight more weeks of qual classes remaining. I'm currently adding the final touches to my prospectus, covering Chapters 1 to 3. My target is to complete this phase by the end of October, allowing for a mini-defense in November. Following that, my plan is to proceed to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and have my committee fully established. Then I hope to facilitate data collection over the Christmas period and begin writing Chapters 4 and 5. My ultimate goal is to graduate in April, pending the approval of my committee.

While there's a slim possibility that faltering in Chapters 4-5 could result in a graduation delay to August, I'm confident in my writing/analyzing abilities. I'm expecting substantial progress in January and February, so I can be ready for defense.

Thank you for your inquiry! I hope you're doing well.

This journey has been truly remarkable. Looking back, it's incredible to think that just ten years ago, my primary focus was finishing my AA. This forum has significantly accelerated my plans, and I'm incredibly thankful for that.

Oh, I should add that once we were done with the degree-specific courses and comps, they put all the DBAs, DPAs, and EDDs together for the quant/qual classes, so our cohort jumped to 23. The EDDs had a chat thread so I'm on that. It helps! Of my original cohort, there are only 3. We have one more qual class together before we return to our individual departments and get ready for IRB. Then it will be "work at your own pace" until finished.
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19