Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Algebra Credit
Hi Guys,

I really need to find a regional accredited college math course for my mother. She's needs one course to complete her associates in Early Childhood development. She's needs to complete college algebra or higher ASAP to keep her job!!!!!!because now the state requires an CDA and associate degree for her particular state funded program. Also her school do not accept ACE recommended courses. Any idea on where she can take a quick college algebra or higher math course.

Thank You and we will really appreciate the help.
Fastest way is CLEP.

Another way is to find a course at a community college, preferably online because it is generally non proctored. Most courses start this Jan 4-12 so you need to register soon as most of the classes at community in your local area are probably already filled.

If you dont have a local cc with online classes I suggest: Clovis community college, Foothill community college, arizona western college
(Pick one that is same state as tuition might be higher).

You should also be aware which math class is needed. Theres Algebra and College Algebra and to actually take College algebra you need to show that you already know Int. Algebra through either a placement test or a previous accredited class you took in most colleges. So therefore I suggest CLEP because you do not need to demonstrate this prerequisite. (Also need to check if your college accepts CLEP).

But the quickest way is CLEP. If she does not do well on tests and studying, your best bet is a online class from a community college.
Which community college does she attend? Some will take the CLEP/ DSST and others will not.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
CLEP is the quickest option, another school that someone mention is OAKTON Community College. They are very well priced at 123.25$ a credit and regionally accredited. First thing she should do is see if they will take CLEP at her school if not she might want to take the class there or if OAKTON is cheaper then take it there. You would need to register by 12/19/16
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,092 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,350 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 197 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 310 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 622 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 178 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 199 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  5 institutions paying fine plus how much college costs in every state bjcheung77 1 188 01-25-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: inor