Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Comp CLEP
Hey all!  Recently, I just passed the Modern States CLEP, received my voucher and signed up for the exam on the 28th.  This will be my first ever CLEP exam and I am quite nervous, but I have faith in myself.  I took the first practice test from Peterson’s yesterday and scored a 70%, which I am proud of.  I will also take the other two and hopefully knock out some good scores while studying with my IC flash cards.  Enough of me blabbering on.  

So, just like most people, I’m studying hard in preparation of the essay portions and trying to figure out some tips on how to speed up the process.  I’m only practicing the first essay for now until I have in-line citations down.  I have read in a few places that it’s better to shorten your paragraphs to 4 instead of the normal 5 and I was wondering if that theory holds any merit?  I’m trying to find ways to give myself enough time to write, but I seem to be hitting the time limit every time I practice.  From what I have read, it’s the normal 5x5 method that consists of the intro paragraph, three body paragraphs and the conclusion paragraph.  

Also, with the links to works provided, are we also required to write out the Works Cited page by memory, or are we spared of that and just mainly doing the in-line citations?  Are they APA or MLA?  I just want to be prepared for this and know what to study before-hand, so I hope these questions aren’t stupid by any means.  Thank you all so much for your help!
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
(08-13-2019, 09:37 PM)BrighterFuture88 Wrote: Hey all!  Recently, I just passed the Modern States CLEP, received my voucher and signed up for the exam on the 28th.  This will be my first ever CLEP exam and I am quite nervous, but I have faith in myself.  I took the first practice test from Peterson’s yesterday and scored a 70%, which I am proud of.  I will also take the other two and hopefully knock out some good scores while studying with my IC flash cards.  Enough of me blabbering on.  

So, just like most people, I’m studying hard in preparation of the essay portions and trying to figure out some tips on how to speed up the process.  I’m only practicing the first essay for now until I have in-line citations down.  I have read in a few places that it’s better to shorten your paragraphs to 4 instead of the normal 5 and I was wondering if that theory holds any merit?  I’m trying to find ways to give myself enough time to write, but I seem to be hitting the time limit every time I practice.  From what I have read, it’s the normal 5x5 method that consists of the intro paragraph, three body paragraphs and the conclusion paragraph.  

Also, with the links to works provided, are we also required to write out the Works Cited page by memory, or are we spared of that and just mainly doing the in-line citations?  Are they APA or MLA?  I just want to be prepared for this and know what to study before-hand, so I hope these questions aren’t stupid by any means.  Thank you all so much for your help!

Never mind on the format question, as I found out that it’s either APA, MLA or CMS and left up to us.  Now, can I get away with 4 paragraphs instead of 5, and also, is the Works Cited page provided, or do we have to do that manually?
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLEP Scores Change from 20 years to 10 natshar 3 172 4 hours ago
Last Post: cannoda
  CLEP transcript question NOX 3 100 Yesterday, 10:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can CLEP, SDC, Sophia be considered Education Credit Expenses? bruh 1 124 04-13-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  CLEP Economics marinereef 3 267 04-05-2024, 01:46 PM
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 208 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 531 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 893 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 570 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 733 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 466 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill