Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Readiness transfer to “TESU” ???
Looking through the board I couldn’t find a definitive answer. Does anyone know whether college readiness will transfer as a general elective? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
No, it does not. At least, don't count on it. Some people have reported that it transfers but it did not count for me.

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Cammilynn
nor for me, I had them plan it at TESU before I started and because it was not going to count, did not do. BSBA and BALS evaluations.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cerich67's post:
  • Cammilynn
Thank you both for the response. That’s the only class left for me at Sophia, if it would transfer. Starting to get burnt out and definitely don’t want to take it if it won’t transfer.

(07-20-2020, 04:03 PM)rachel83az Wrote: No, it does not. At least, don't count on it. Some people have reported that it transfers but it did not count for me.

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

See comment

(07-20-2020, 04:19 PM)cerich67 Wrote: nor for me, I had them plan it at TESU before I started and because it was not going to count, did not do. BSBA and BALS evaluations.

See comment

(07-20-2020, 04:25 PM)Cammilynn Wrote: Thank you both for the response. That’s the only class left for me at Sophia, if it would transfer. Starting to get burnt out and definitely don’t want to take it if it won’t transfer.

Congrats! The burnout is real. I have 5 more classes left myself. Two are ones I don't strictly need (English Comp II and Public Speaking) but I'd like to take them just to have the "full" Sophia experience. I am such a completionist sometimes. I've even taken the ones that I know don't transfer to TESU (the Foundations courses) just to say that I did.
(07-20-2020, 04:32 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(07-20-2020, 04:25 PM)Cammilynn Wrote: Thank you both for the response. That’s the only class left for me at Sophia, if it would transfer. Starting to get burnt out and definitely don’t want to take it if it won’t transfer.

Congrats! The burnout is real. I have 5 more classes left myself. Two are ones I don't strictly need (English Comp II and Public Speaking) but I'd like to take them just to have the "full" Sophia experience. I am such a completionist sometimes. I've even taken the ones that I know don't transfer to TESU (the Foundations courses) just to say that I did.

Feelin' the burnout. Eng Comp II is my last course. It's fairly writing-intensive, so I am going to be working on it in the next weeks. The public speaking course is more fun with the recording of the two videos and prior speech outlines. I've also been collecting as much credit as possible. I am hoping for a large transfer down the road.
(07-20-2020, 04:44 PM)openair Wrote: The public speaking course is more fun with the recording of the two videos and prior speech outlines.

This sounds like the opposite of fun to me, lol. I'm very much an introvert. It's why I've kept that class last; I've already fulfilled the oral communication requirement at TESU and don't actually need it. But the extra 3 credits would be nice.
(07-21-2020, 03:34 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(07-20-2020, 04:44 PM)openair Wrote: The public speaking course is more fun with the recording of the two videos and prior speech outlines.

This sounds like the opposite of fun to me, lol. I'm very much an introvert. It's why I've kept that class last; I've already fulfilled the oral communication requirement at TESU and don't actually need it. But the extra 3 credits would be nice.

You'll do fine. I am sure of that. I had perfect scores on my last video for the voice, presentation flow, chosen visual aid and non-verbal cues. I've just lost a few points for unclear visuals on the wall. I did not have enough ink in my printer and the shown printouts were hard to see, so this wasn't even deduced for the speech. The videos are only three minutes long. It's not a big deal. Trust me. It was a nice change to the routine in terms of the assignments, as I am doing a whole lot of writing and exam-taking lately.
(07-20-2020, 04:32 PM)rachel83az Wrote:

I get it, I am the same, I enrolled in all of them initially, but then yes, the burnout is real, and being so close to completing my degree, I decided to focus only on what I needed, as time is precious, and I'd rather have that degree in my hands sooner than later. I explored the double AOS option but in the end I settled on 1 as I had more courses in History than English, so I will be majoring in HIstory.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AWIT Real-world Cloud Product (Coursera) Transfer cizzie 26 3,263 03-17-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,868 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,397 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 563 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 500 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 672 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 2,914 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Which UoPeople courses to transfer and where? ecdw94 10 2,695 11-13-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: ecdw94