Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College consolidation since 2016
Hmm, it seems most of these are relatively unknown colleges or universities... small institutions that may not have an online presence!

I wonder if Charter Oak State College will some day go the way of these colleges, they may want to start thinking of ways to keep afloat.

Colleges/Universities such as Brandman are partnering or merging with larger institutions such as UMASS to stay active and remain open.

Link: https://www.highereddive.com/news/how-ma...16/539379/

The article was Updated March 29, 2021
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
COSC is a state school, I think the ones on this list are private schools.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Rest in Peace, Marygrove College. Thank you to the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary for 114 years of service in Monroe/Detroit from this second-generation grad.
(05-02-2021, 12:33 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I wonder if Charter Oak State College will some day go the way of these colleges, they may want to start thinking of ways to keep afloat.

Charter Oak has an interesting status in the Connecticut Higher Education System.  All the community colleges were consolidated some time ago and all the State Colleges were transformed into State Universities around the same time.
But COSC remained a State College and currently it's the only State College in the state.  I suppose that one day it could be merged with UConn but I don't think anyone is talking about it at the moment.  Their strategic plan is almost due for renewal.  Maybe it will be reflected there.
Microsoft Word - COSC Strategic Plan 2018-2022.docx (charteroak.edu)
In Pennsylvania they are merging state schools in order to keep them all operational. My Alma Mater, Edinboro University will now be combined with two of it’s former “rivals”.

https://triblive.com/news/pennsylvania/p...-edinboro/

https://www.edinboro.edu/about/integration/index.php
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
My favorite recent merger/acquisition is the Purdue/Kaplan merger.  So far it seems to be going alright for them.  It makes me think that someone at Purdue is a forward thinker and spotted a good deal at a good time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alpha's post:
  • Johann
Yes. The ability to smell money at both long and short range is the one and only indispensable asset required, to be a higher-ed executive or administrator in N. America.

That talent will always make its presence known.
(05-03-2021, 01:53 PM)Johann Wrote: Yes. The ability to smell money at both long and short range is the one and only indispensable asset required, to be a higher-ed executive or administrator in N. America.

That talent will always make its presence known.

I don't know if I would go so far as to say it is "the one and only..." but the person at the top of any large organization is essentially a business person and concerned largely with matters of money.  The head of a hospital, for example, is in no way directly involved in providing medical care regardless of whether there is an MD after their name.  This might be unfortunate in some ways but it is the system we've built.
Update: There's a newer list, some are slated to close in Jan 2023 up to 2024!
Link: How many colleges and universities have closed since 2016? | Higher Ed Dive
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-02-2021, 08:23 PM)Alpha Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 12:33 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I wonder if Charter Oak State College will some day go the way of these colleges, they may want to start thinking of ways to keep afloat.

Charter Oak has an interesting status in the Connecticut Higher Education System.  All the community colleges were consolidated some time ago and all the State Colleges were transformed into State Universities around the same time.
But COSC remained a State College and currently it's the only State College in the state.  I suppose that one day it could be merged with UConn but I don't think anyone is talking about it at the moment.  Their strategic plan is almost due for renewal.  Maybe it will be reflected there.
Microsoft Word - COSC Strategic Plan 2018-2022.docx (charteroak.edu)

If it was to merge it would most likely be with Central Connecticut State University (vs UConn) since the COSC offices are already on the campus - to my knowledge they always have been.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation How many colleges and universities have closed since 2016? Ares 0 115 03-25-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,089 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,348 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 197 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 308 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 620 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 178 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 199 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP