Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College credit for LinkedIn Learning "Learning Paths"
There are several universities outside of the U.S. that award academic credit for the completion of LinkedIn Learning "Learning Paths" after passing an institutional assessment. Looking at the various university webpages, these assessments are usually three to six-page papers demonstrating learning from the LinkedIn courses. One school gives online exams that are around $129 each. Credits are applied toward one of the institution's degree programs. Generally, it appears that each learning path is typically worth one or two courses. Just know that most countries have different academic credit systems from the U.S. Fifteen academic credits could mean one module that's equivalent to one or two U.S. courses. 

https://members.linkedin.com/en-gb/acade...learn_more
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 8 users Like sanantone's post:
  • akr680, Ideas, jch, Kab, MNomadic, Pikachu, ROYISAGIRL, suzycupcake
Interesting that for Northumbria University (UK) and Huddersfield (UK), you can use the credits earned from completing LinkedIn Learning Paths towards a Masters degree.

For Northumbria, completing the learning paths will give you 20 credits that you can use for their MSc in Data Science program:
https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/study-at-n...-learning/

Northumbria's MS in Data Science is 12 months long, has 7 modules, and requires 180 credits. One less module and 160 credits to complete if you get full credit for the LinkedIn learning paths.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pikachu's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
This is really interesting. I am starting an MBA program in a few weeks and we are given a free subscription to LinkedIn Learning. I really don’t know yet how/if they are looping this in to the coursework. But it would be interesting if those options are opened up as well.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
I've used LinkedIn Learning quite a lot over the years for various technical skills, professional development, certification prep, and continuing education needs. It's a great resource.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Here's the FAQ from LinkedIn. I really hope some U.S. schools jump on board, because I have many courses I've taken over the years. It would be nice to see if a school might give anyone who completed courses a credit or two. https://www.linkedin.com/help/learning/a...aq?lang=en
In Progress RA Deg./Cert.: AAS Business with Marketing concentration, and Certificate, 2024
In Progress Cert.: Google PM and IT Support | CAPM
Completed: Certificate and ALS - Community College (RA), 2022, 2023

CLEP: 5 courses | Sophia.org: 1 course | and many non-credits...
[-] The following 1 user Likes vintage_jacket's post:
  • Pikachu
These LinkedIn options are similar to the Coursera certs with the ACE credit recommendations, hopefully they'll come out with something that can get ACE or NCCRS recommendation for college credits so it can be easily done for students here in the US.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
It looks like LinkedIn recently acquired EduBrite, so I see there's a focus in enhancing their learning platform. However, I didn't see anything about credentials or aspirations to partner with ACE/any org. to do so in their latest CEO post regarding their skill-hiring vision. At least not in the US news section.

June 28, 2022 - https://news.linkedin.com/2022/june/tale...tions-news
Mar. 29, 2022 - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/skills-ne...Cre-other/
In Progress RA Deg./Cert.: AAS Business with Marketing concentration, and Certificate, 2024
In Progress Cert.: Google PM and IT Support | CAPM
Completed: Certificate and ALS - Community College (RA), 2022, 2023

CLEP: 5 courses | Sophia.org: 1 course | and many non-credits...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,089 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,348 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 197 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 309 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 620 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 242 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 178 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 199 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP