Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
College credit for millitary courses!!!
afstealth Wrote:Does anyone know of anything like this for the Air Force? Any CBTs that count for credit? I got 6 from Sec + buts thats all I know about (other than upgrade training). Any wisdom would be appreciated!

Who accepted your Sec+ for six credits? I know TESC doesn't. Seems a lot of places don't. Unfortunate, because it's one of the tougher ones.

You could troll through the IT/E-Learning section on the AF Portal, there's a lot of CBTs there. But you'd have to bump them against the ACE database to see if any are accredited.

But you may also want to read this wiki page I wrote on ACE recommendations. ACE recommendation != automatic acceptance by your school.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
What college courses would the credit recommendations be considered?
afstealth Wrote:Does anyone know of anything like this for the Air Force? Any CBTs that count for credit? I got 6 from Sec + buts thats all I know about (other than upgrade training). Any wisdom would be appreciated!

AFstealth, Your CCAF courses should fill any electives you may need. I know I got more than enough credit from CCAF that transferrred to TESC seamlessly. They also took my ALS credits and applied them as 5 Hum Res credits in leadership, and 2 credits in Managerial Comm. They also took all my aviation maintenance credits as free elective (ended up with extra) and also took my contracting courses as Operational Management UL credit. But if you are interested in CBT type courses, log onto the Air Force portal, on the lefthand side there is a link for Skilport IT E-learning, they have courses (mostly IT) that are ace approved. The caveat is you have to do the exam proctored at an ace approved location. I know there were CBTs that I used for other purposes, such as the advanced finance CBT which I used to study for the Priniciples of Finance DSST (it helped me get a 474). There is also lots of business courses on there and I believe UoP accepts some of these credits directly. Us old timers may remember IT E-learning was used to do our annual IA certificate training.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Converting Dive training to Colleges credit vetvso 9 1,679 09-16-2022, 04:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
Information US Naval Community College Pilot MNomadic 2 1,600 04-26-2022, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
Star DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit kvolivera 89 25,863 04-14-2021, 06:12 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,574 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Navy BootCamp Credit natshar 9 2,309 03-31-2020, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,874 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Courses for DOD 22gunsonfire 25 13,561 03-25-2019, 05:28 PM
Last Post: 22gunsonfire
  The most Military/Veteran friendly College Commencements! Life Long Learning 42 8,772 06-07-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  Anyone do the Naval War College MA in Security Studies? johnw 0 2,290 01-24-2018, 11:03 PM
Last Post: johnw
  65,000 military students have graduated with Excelsior College Life Long Learning 0 2,647 09-27-2017, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning