Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College for america, SNHU, $3k a year if affiliated
Has anyone taken any class at CFA at SNHU?  

Cheap tuition if you are affiliated, I assume all get the same deal as the government, $3k a year.
https://www.snhu.edu/about-us/news-and-e...ee-program

They seem weirdly named classes to maybe limit transferring the credit
https://www.snhu.edu/admission/academic-...g#/courses
Those are some wacky names for the courses. Seems completely ridiculous.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Not only are the names wacky, but the courses sound like unusable junk. How is Fostering Community Health a science? Their literature course is Exploring Writing? These sound like non-credit, developmental courses.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(06-20-2018, 09:19 PM)sanantone Wrote: Not only are the names wacky, but the courses sound like unusable junk. How is Fostering Community Health a science? Their literature course is Exploring Writing? These sound like non-credit, developmental courses.

Honestly, having been a student at SNHU, I'll bet you a dollar they did that purposefully so those workers wouldn't be able to transfer those credits elsewhere. So they'll have to finish their Associate's there and most likely their Bachelor's, too. I've never seen a more money hungry non-profit that cares as little for their students as SNHU.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
(06-29-2018, 09:56 AM)Tedium Wrote:
(06-20-2018, 09:19 PM)sanantone Wrote: Not only are the names wacky, but the courses sound like unusable junk. How is Fostering Community Health a science? Their literature course is Exploring Writing? These sound like non-credit, developmental courses.

Honestly, having been a student at SNHU, I'll bet you a dollar they did that purposefully so those workers wouldn't be able to transfer those credits elsewhere. So they'll have to finish their Associate's there and most likely their Bachelor's, too. I've never seen a more money hungry non-profit that cares as little for their students as SNHU.

Well, they did say that they changed their model to mimic University of Phoenix's.

I guess students can only pray that they'll never need a course-by-course evaluation to qualify for a job. The federal government and its contractors can be picky in this way.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Wow. I just remembered what happened with my Western International University credits. WIU was owned by the same company as UoP.

TESU read the course descriptions for my writing courses, so I received credit for English Comp I and II. However, Excelsior and two community colleges wouldn't give me Comp credits because the writing courses had funky names.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
(06-20-2018, 06:44 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Those are some wacky names for the courses. Seems completely ridiculous.

LOL - your comment made me click. Wink They are!! That's a transfer nightmare waiting to happen.
I earned my first 39 credits at CfA last year, before switching my goal to a much more flexible TESU BALS. When you order transcripts, you can request a 'competencies mastered' transcript, OR a plain old SNHU credit hour transcript, with boring course names like 'Intro to Philosophy', 'Microeconomics', 'Intro to Mass Communication', 'Environmrntal Science', etc. The SNHU equivelancies for CfA competencies are all listed in the CfA catalog.

TESU took all of them in transfer, no problem. My biggest worry was that the SNHU transcript shows a grade of 'MA' (mastered) for every class. But TESU transcribed them all as 'A'.

If you can get in, and don't mind the style of teaching and the inability to customize the program in any way, its a great way to get a cheapish RA degree. I spent just $1500 on 39 credits, and they offer a monthly payment plan.

It was possible to get in through a 'friends and family' promotion with a little work. That's how I did it. Made friends with some folks going there on LinkedIn and bugged admissions until they let me in.

A screenshot of what I completed there is attached.

(Edit: I agree with Sanantone. The competencies are silly and unusable. Not sure I would have done it if they didn't also offer a 'normal' SNHU transcript)

Attached Files
.jpg   CFA.JPG (Size: 63.37 KB / Downloads: 43)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024!!! LevelUP 2 387 01-01-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Happy Holidays and New Year 2022! bjcheung77 7 955 12-25-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Schools in America Now Becoming More Insane Than North Korea LevelUP 20 2,386 09-26-2023, 04:46 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  NPR Labeled "State-Affiliated" by Twitter LevelUP 6 774 04-10-2023, 11:34 PM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!!! LevelUP 3 1,933 01-11-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  What is the difference between College and University (USA) Personherebb9 8 1,285 12-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ACE 2022 Student of The Year ashkir 0 600 12-19-2022, 06:26 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Two Words: MADE IN AMERICA LevelUP 20 1,438 10-14-2022, 02:20 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  College of Golf Alpha 5 676 09-11-2022, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Richest US College Alpha 6 897 09-09-2022, 04:31 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep