Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College to convert ACE credits
My husband has about 90 ACE credits from the military. He needs to take a single class through a RA college that will accept those credits and convert them to semester units. He does not need to complete a degree.

Looking for cheap, easy, and fast.

Any ideas?
UMPI - BLS, Management Information Systems Minor 
Spring 2022 Session 1
Classes completed this session : ENG 121, BUS 200, HUM 103, BUS 244, 
BUS 345, BUS 440, BUS 330, BUS 350, BUS 321, BUS 469, BUS 325, BUS 352
The Pierpont AAS degree?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-12-2023, 04:52 PM)Miyabi Wrote: My husband has about 90 ACE credits from the military. He needs to take a single class through a RA college that will accept those credits and convert them to semester units. He does not need to complete a degree.

Looking for cheap, easy, and fast.

Any ideas?

You need to explain what you mean by "convert them to semester units". We know a few colleges that accept ACE credits, but that only helps you earn a degree at that school, or perhaps use them for employment or licensing purposes. It will NOT help you use them at a college that does not accept ACE credits.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
This probably for liscening or employment purposes. For example in my state to be a substitute teacher you need 60 college credits. I never actually taught but I applied and got the job. I was told as long as the credits were on an RA transcript and showed 60 it worked. My CLEP counted for this purpose and combined with CC creidts, CLEP on my cc transcript I had 60. The lady told me you could have all D-'s or all Gym classes they didn't care as long as it was 60 on an RA transcript.

Another example was I applied for a grant funded job that required 24 college credits same thing. ACE, CLEP, anything counted as long as an RA transcript showed 24 credits.

I think you best bet is TESU. Apply to TESU and take the medical terminology TECEP (1cr test out). The cost would be the application fee and the cost of the TECEP. TESU accepts a lot of military credit.

Plus added bonus if wanted he would have one year to chip away at an associate and/or bachelors degree before having to re-enroll. Dont go as credit banking student I think that costs more. Just apply and pick a program if he doesn't actually complete it. Also if he is still in the military TECEPs count for residence so if the credits lined up right it would only be 3-4 more test outs and 1-2 more classes for an associates degree. 4 teceps+1 class for aa, asnsm and 3 teceps+2 classes for aas, as.
It sounds like you need to get your JST credit on a transcript for a job or promotion or something similar.
The one RA credit sounds like you are applying for the Piedmont AAS program or something that requires it.
Is this correct?
If so someone here will be able to help you with a clearer plan than I can.

Sent from my moto g stylus using DegreeForum.net mobile app
Bonus!! Application fee is waived for military and veterans. There should be a link on tesu website that shows hwo credit comes in for some military programs.
You may not NEED a degree right now, but it's kind of difficult to beat Pierpont. Take the $25 ASU class, spend $99 on one month of Sophia for the necessary 5 classes, add the 90 ACE credits as electives, boom! You've got both an AAS and the credits listed on an actual transcript. TESU would be only marginally cheaper and you wouldn't even get the AAS.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-13-2023, 11:22 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You may not NEED a degree right now, but it's kind of difficult to beat Pierpont. Take the $25 ASU class, spend $99 on one month of Sophia for the necessary 5 classes, add the 90 ACE credits as electives, boom! You've got both an AAS and the credits listed on an actual transcript. TESU would be only marginally cheaper and you wouldn't even get the AAS.
Depending on what the military credits cover. They might not even need Sophia.

The only benefit is TESU MIGHT accept more criedts.
To clarify this is for a salary bump based on credits earned. Ace credits are not accepted unless they have been accepted and transcripted by a RA college.
Basically, we're looking for a college where he can take a single college class and that would allow him to transfer in at least 12 of his ACE credits and show those credits on a transcript.

He has zero interest in, or time available to, pursue a degree and there is no benefit to him having a degree vs the transcripted credits at this point in his career. (We're old.)
UMPI - BLS, Management Information Systems Minor 
Spring 2022 Session 1
Classes completed this session : ENG 121, BUS 200, HUM 103, BUS 244, 
BUS 345, BUS 440, BUS 330, BUS 350, BUS 321, BUS 469, BUS 325, BUS 352
(03-13-2023, 01:37 PM)Miyabi Wrote: To clarify this is for a salary bump based on credits earned. Ace credits are not accepted unless they have been accepted and transcripted by a RA college.
Basically, we're looking for a college where he can take a single college class and that would allow him to transfer in at least 12 of his ACE credits and show those credits on a transcript.

He has zero interest in, or time available to, pursue a degree and there is no benefit to him having a degree vs the transcripted credits at this point in his career. (We're old.)

You could utilize the credit banking system at TESU or Excelsior university.  Either or will provide a transcript of credits.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Going back to school at 29 for CS with only freshman year of college completed RejuvenationOclock 8 646 04-10-2024, 11:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 39 2,326 04-07-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: layermonkey
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 1,002 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
  Racking up Sophia Credits - What's Next? Ljanelle 5 383 03-17-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 890 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  I finished my degree but still need 26 credits to graduate??? jesssem 8 597 02-26-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: davewill
  College choice KnowledgeQuest 9 665 01-30-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: KnowledgeQuest
  Good amount of credits, what to do next? khon 2 343 01-23-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Need Help On How To Get Credit for ACE/NCCRS Credits eyrobinson 4 415 01-19-2024, 01:36 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Associate degree in CJ: easiest path with no prior credits? CM1999 2 257 01-11-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley