Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College to convert ACE credits
Check your local community college. My local community college gives military credit.

In fact even if a school is not in the Ace registry some do Military only for ACE.
The literal credit banks cost hundreds to thousands of dollars. Pierpont is cheaper. Registering for a TESU degree, and then never graduating, is cheaper.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • davewill, jch, ss20ts
No need for a credit bank. Just apply to TESU, send your JST, and then request a transcript.

Not sure if you'll need to register for the 1cr TECEP exam first, to become enrolled, if so, that will cost you another $52. Well worth it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • allvia
I forget, how much does it cost for transcripts at Excelsior? If you get free application for Excelsior, they just need everything to come in on the transcript. If it's cheaper at TESU, go that route instead.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Each transcript evaluation at Excelsior, beyond the first, is $300.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Ahhh. My first time back in three years, and my first question I see is the old "credit laundering" question. Smile
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Prloko's post:
  • jsd
(03-14-2023, 11:09 AM)dfrecore Wrote: No need for a credit bank.  Just apply to TESU, send your JST, and then request a transcript.

Not sure if you'll need to register for the 1cr TECEP exam first, to become enrolled, if so, that will cost you another $52.  Well worth it.

I agree with dfrecore on this one - TESU apply (BALS) route if they just need to appear on an RA transcript this is the best option, especially being military based credits (TESU is so military friendly). Although with that many credits and the low cost of Sophia to fill in any degree requirement gaps a Pierpont BOG AAS degree makes the most sense (no matter how 'old' you are). Still not sure, apply and send the credits to both schools - maybe seeing how close to the AAS might inspire your husband to get it. If he is at a point now where he needs to prove he has "X" amount of college credits having the AAS only helps him for the next unknown step, even if you think that's retirement (because he's 'old'), as life has a way of throwing curve balls - and bargain priced degree opportunities like the Pierpont BOG AAS rarely last forever.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • origamishuttle
(03-15-2023, 12:17 PM)Prloko Wrote: Ahhh. My first time back in three years, and my first question I see is the old "credit laundering" question. Smile

Credit LAUNDERING is when you try to make credits look like they came from somewhere else.

This is more akin to credit banking. There are multiple institutions out there that won't accept a Credly transcript directly, but who are more than happy to accept ACE credits that a college or university has put on their transcript.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
rachel83az Wrote:Each transcript evaluation at Excelsior, beyond the first, is $300.

That's what I thought for subsequent evaluations, if the first one is free along with the free application. This would be on par with the Pierpont BOG AAS option. I would recommend sending everything to Pierpont and graduate with the AAS if all the boxes of requirements are met (RA, 60 credits total, etc).

And also send in another one to Excelsior/TESU just in case they decide to get a degree in the future, they'll have all the credit details for use later. This way is a mixed approach, where they get the AAS, the required transcripts indicating 60+ credits, and can prepare for the Bachelors down the road.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-15-2023, 01:10 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(03-15-2023, 12:17 PM)Prloko Wrote: Ahhh. My first time back in three years, and my first question I see is the old "credit laundering" question. Smile

Credit LAUNDERING is when you try to make credits look like they came from somewhere else.

This is more akin to credit banking. There are multiple institutions out there that won't accept a Credly transcript directly, but who are more than happy to accept ACE credits that a college or university has put on their transcript.
Thank you Rachel83az, this is exactly the issue. He has earned these credits legitimately and his work has stated they are admissible if they have been put on a transcript by a regionally accredited college or university. 

We will look into having him apply at TESU and Pierpont to see if either of those will fit what we're looking for. 

Thank you to everyone who has proposed ideas, I'm happy to hear of anything else that might work!
UMPI - BLS, Management Information Systems Minor 
Spring 2022 Session 1
Classes completed this session : ENG 121, BUS 200, HUM 103, BUS 244, 
BUS 345, BUS 440, BUS 330, BUS 350, BUS 321, BUS 469, BUS 325, BUS 352
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miyabi's post:
  • origamishuttle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 954 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 37 1,930 03-18-2024, 03:54 AM
  Racking up Sophia Credits - What's Next? Ljanelle 5 287 03-17-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 785 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  I finished my degree but still need 26 credits to graduate??? jesssem 8 569 02-26-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Going back to school at 29 for CS with only freshman year of college completed RejuvenationOclock 6 486 02-17-2024, 01:24 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  College choice KnowledgeQuest 9 641 01-30-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: KnowledgeQuest
  Good amount of credits, what to do next? khon 2 333 01-23-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Need Help On How To Get Credit for ACE/NCCRS Credits eyrobinson 4 393 01-19-2024, 01:36 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Associate degree in CJ: easiest path with no prior credits? CM1999 2 236 01-11-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley