Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CollegeBoard: $1b in revenue
I knew CollegeBoard was big but I didn't realize it was quite that big! Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbJo-hVj2V0
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
LOL, education is a big business vertical. If you think CollegeBoard was just "giving out" cheap exams, that's just one side of the story, it is somewhat cheap at $90/exam versus taking a course, but they're making big cash flow with their AP & CLEP exams. That's a niche market, only a few players in that arena as well, I think they've got the lions share though (compared to DSST and whatever else such as TECEP/UExcels, or even those that are in-house at the college/university).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • jch
Yeah, I didn't think that those tests were cheap. They are certainly cheaper than actual college classes but not cheap. Not with all of the study materials that you have to purchase. CLEP is only really affordable to anyone and everyone because of ModernStates, IMO.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
For high school students who are going to public high school and don't pay for books or classes, $93 per exam is pricy. If you're a kid who takes multiple exams in a year, it really adds up (my kid was planning on 3 last year). AND, high school teachers are the ones proctoring the exams, so there's no cost to College Board for that. They're basically just raking in cash.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
And, according to that video, students are often encouraged to take the same test multiple times. At roughly $100 per exam x 3 takes x 3 classes, that's almost $1k per student.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG